Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Wellington Crew Meeting/Shed Raid August 7th

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
EEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser

PostSubject: Re: Wellington Crew Meeting/Shed Raid August 7th   Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:47 pm

Woody wrote:
Sorry Guy's I can't make it this weekend.Too many projects to finish. So I'll be in the Garage all weekend. Keep an eye out for Doug, He knows Shaun and should be able to sort out the shed raid. (if he's not too drunken )
Have a good time, I'll see you's on the next one.

That's a bugger Woody. Cam and I will suss the weather in the morning and make a call then.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mike
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser

PostSubject: Re: Wellington Crew Meeting/Shed Raid August 7th   Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:06 pm

EEL wrote:
Woody wrote:
Sorry Guy's I can't make it this weekend.Too many projects to finish. So I'll be in the Garage all weekend. Keep an eye out for Doug, He knows Shaun and should be able to sort out the shed raid. (if he's not too drunken )
Have a good time, I'll see you's on the next one.

That's a bugger Woody. Cam and I will suss the weather in the morning and make a call then.

you guys welcome to stop in at mine on the way back (or there) if you want got a couple of perk jobs on in the morn but shouldent take all day tho umm said that before tho Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cam
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser

PostSubject: Re: Wellington Crew Meeting/Shed Raid August 7th   Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:33 pm

sweet. see how day goes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser

PostSubject: Palmy visit   Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:21 am

Cam and I headed up to the swap meet at Manfeild yesterday. Unfortunately Mike and Woody couldn't join us due to work commitments.

A big event - but mostly car parts and a huge display of custom cars - including Shaun's Lincoln [It's for sale if you're keen]. Only one chopper on display fom Hotrod Heaven in P. North.

Bumped into Doug and his mate Hemi and then hooked up with Shaun and went back to his shed. A couple of beers and a chat about Shaun's projects etc.

We then jumped into the Lincoln and cruised down to the local hot rod shop where there were beers and a bbq. A quick look at some of the projects on the go there, back to Shaun's, then hit the road back to Wellington.

On the way back we stopped and looked at a rat bike - owned by a guy who runs the coffee carts in Otaki... some interesting detailing on it, including a paua shell-inlay fuel cap, jockey shift etc.

Many thanks to Shaun for hosting us and for the spin in the low-riding Lincoln. Hope your head's not too sore after last night.

Pics below: Shaun's Lincoln; Shaun and Cam (Cam on Shaun's daily runner Sporty); Shaun's Trans Am; The Otaki Rat Bike.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cam
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser

PostSubject: Re: Wellington Crew Meeting/Shed Raid August 7th   Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:57 am

Cheers, Shaun for the ride and beers makes me want my bike on the road.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser

PostSubject: Re: Wellington Crew Meeting/Shed Raid August 7th   Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:06 am

Cheers for the pic's EEL, Sounds like a full on day. Gutted I couldn't make it there Shaun maybe next time, Speaking of that were is the next raid going to be ??????
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ftw-nz.blogspot.co.nz/
kngkong
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Wellington Crew Meeting/Shed Raid August 7th   Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:11 am

aw &^$%^##$(!!
cant believe I missed this. Like Woody said, when's the next one?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser

PostSubject: Re: Wellington Crew Meeting/Shed Raid August 7th   Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:08 pm

Sorry King Kong, will have to include you on the next one.

Anyone got any ideas for what happens next? Nothin much in my shed to see... except some basic tools, a grinder and two bikes (one of which only goes sometimes and the new old one I could have put a match to this morning when it wouldn't start!!)

Could always ask Correy Wyatt if he's up for a visit... he does some interesting stuff. Customising bikes in his own style, custom sunglasses etc, Also he lives not far from me!

Cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser

PostSubject: Re: Wellington Crew Meeting/Shed Raid August 7th   Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:08 pm

That's a brilliant idea EEL, I'm sure Correy would be up for it. Let us know how ya get on mate.
Check some of Correy's stuff out here. http://benteyewear.com/index.php
He gave me a pair of his welder series Sunny's Coolest Sunny's Ive ever seen the frames are made from Aluminium welding rods. I'll post a pic of them tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
EEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser

PostSubject: Re: Wellington Crew Meeting/Shed Raid August 7th   Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:31 pm

Well I guess I've failed. Sorry guys.

I haven't been able to pin Correy down to organise a raid on his shed. Have left messages etc, but no response. Maybe he's just not keen.

Anyone have a plan 'B'? Maybe a visit to Mike's excellent build and Cam can bring some more examples of his tanks?

Eel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mike
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser

PostSubject: Re: Wellington Crew Meeting/Shed Raid August 7th   Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:13 pm

yeah more than welcome to come up these ways not to much to see tho
but i think after seeing dougs place im rouined anyways Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser

PostSubject: Re: Wellington Crew Meeting/Shed Raid August 7th   Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:19 pm

Don't be so hard on yourself Eel, That Correy's an allusive mofo at the best of times.
I'm real keen on having a look at Cam's setup after talking to Mike. bounce
But I'm equally keen to have another look at Mike's, Especially after his last photo's.
Back to top Go down
mike
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser

PostSubject: Re: Wellington Crew Meeting/Shed Raid August 7th   Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:24 pm

well big decisions to be made then im easy either way rendeer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser

PostSubject: Re: Wellington Crew Meeting/Shed Raid August 7th   Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:40 pm

Woody wrote:
Don't be so hard on yourself Eel, That Correy's an allusive mofo at the best of times.
I'm real keen on having a look at Cam's setup after talking to Mike. bounce
But I'm equally keen to have another look at Mike's, Especially after his last photo's.

Cheers Woody - strange thing happened today. Was walking down Cuba Street in Wellington city and who should I meet but Correy selling his sunglasses off a table in the sun. Had a good yarn to him and we may yet get to go see his shed... just not sure when. You're right... he is elusive! Anyway he has a few projects on the go, showed me some photos on his phone... and I ended up buying a pair of sunglasses off him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser

PostSubject: Re: Wellington Crew Meeting/Shed Raid August 7th   Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:47 pm

EEL wrote:
who should I meet but Correy selling his sunglasses off a table in the sun. .

you have SUN down there?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bobbers-r-us.weebly.com/
EEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser

PostSubject: Re: Wellington Crew Meeting/Shed Raid August 7th   Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:51 pm

brett7777 wrote:
EEL wrote:
who should I meet but Correy selling his sunglasses off a table in the sun. .

you have SUN down there?

Yeah mate - beautiful afternoon - actually feels like Spring! I see a snow storm down south collapsed a roof at Stadium Southland. Bizarre weather.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mike
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser

PostSubject: Re: Wellington Crew Meeting/Shed Raid August 7th   Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:44 pm

well no one else is putting there hands up any one keen to come round next sunday for a beer and yarn Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser

PostSubject: Re: Wellington Crew Meeting/Shed Raid August 7th   Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:11 pm

mike wrote:
well no one else is putting there hands up any one keen to come round next sunday for a beer and yarn Question Question Question

& design a springer...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bobbers-r-us.weebly.com/
mike
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser

PostSubject: Re: Wellington Crew Meeting/Shed Raid August 7th   Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:01 pm

yip that too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser

PostSubject: Re: Wellington Crew Meeting/Shed Raid August 7th   Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:15 pm

Yeah I'm in bud.
Back to top Go down
Slaytanica
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser

PostSubject: Re: Wellington Crew Meeting/Shed Raid August 7th   Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:46 pm

I'll submit my leave pass early, more chance of getting approved that way
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser

PostSubject: Re: Wellington Crew Meeting/Shed Raid August 7th   Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:05 pm

Fuck I'll try to get there, I am trying to finish my shovel for the axethrower show,and its pissing me of had probs with the valve guide seals hopefully sorted,then the front rocker box starts leaking + the pushrod tubes fuck I might have to chuck in the evo mtr I have laying around but the shovel justs looks cooler lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mike
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser

PostSubject: Re: Wellington Crew Meeting/Shed Raid August 7th   Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:18 pm

slaytanica ya not supose to tell others a bout the leave passes Embarassed

well try ya best doug ide vote for the shovel anyday
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slaytanica
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser

PostSubject: Re: Wellington Crew Meeting/Shed Raid August 7th   Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:29 pm

Yeah i know but its the truth, speaking of asking the missus, im watching wild hogs ha ha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mike
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser

PostSubject: Re: Wellington Crew Meeting/Shed Raid August 7th   Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:33 pm

yeah me to well sorta watchin and typing Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wellington Crew Meeting/Shed Raid August 7th   Today at 4:55 pm

Back to top Go down

Wellington Crew Meeting/Shed Raid August 7th
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next