Grease Monkeys NZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Whos green bike?

Go down 
+4
brett7777
Irishjon
andrewj
west end rotangs
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
west end rotangs
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
west end rotangs

Whos green bike? Empty
PostSubject: Whos green bike?   Whos green bike? EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 4:21 pm

got off work early so took my bike out for maiden voyage up state highway 16, on way back home i past a green bobber, sick as hell, looked awesome going past, i was stupid and only wore a shirt so was too frozen to the bars to wave har har
Back to top Go down
http://elboneshaker.co.nz
andrewj
Mechanic
Mechanic
andrewj

Whos green bike? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whos green bike?   Whos green bike? EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 8:16 pm

could be 668. buzz rattlecan ren and see if he was out riding. i've seen him go past my place a few times on sh16
Back to top Go down
west end rotangs
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
west end rotangs

Whos green bike? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whos green bike?   Whos green bike? EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 9:58 pm

i noticed green, white walls im pretty sure and heat wrap

either way looked fuckin sick
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

Whos green bike? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whos green bike?   Whos green bike? EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 10:25 pm

didn't Mr Rumble get Justin's old green bobber?
Back to top Go down
http://www.greasemonkeys.co.nz
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

Whos green bike? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whos green bike?   Whos green bike? EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 1:04 pm

some of the bobbers that Reflections did were green too, metalflake
Back to top Go down
http://bobbers-r-us.weebly.com/
andrewj
Mechanic
Mechanic
andrewj

Whos green bike? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whos green bike?   Whos green bike? EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 8:33 pm

ha ha ha. i think there was a reason they were doing a few green ones....it might have something to do with all the "plants" they got busted with upstairs....silly silly silly. you'd think thinners and shit would be enough to satisfy some people aye......
Back to top Go down
drakulina
Mechanic
Mechanic
drakulina

Whos green bike? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whos green bike?   Whos green bike? EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 9:00 pm

ren wear a silver lid
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

Whos green bike? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whos green bike?   Whos green bike? EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:13 pm

andrewj wrote:
ha ha ha. i think there was a reason they were doing a few green ones....it might have something to do with all the "plants" they got busted with upstairs....silly silly silly. you'd think thinners and shit would be enough to satisfy some people aye......

i wondered wot had happened to them...
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

Whos green bike? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whos green bike?   Whos green bike? EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:25 pm

Who were reflections?
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

Whos green bike? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whos green bike?   Whos green bike? EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:30 pm

Irishjon wrote:
Who were reflections?
motorcycle paint shop on the shore. a while back they branched out into something they called 'shapeshifter' & were building bobbers. Do you remember the japper bobbers on Trademe with the girl in the shots? there were several for sale at once. their bikes were showing at kumeu as well.
Back to top Go down
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

Whos green bike? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whos green bike?   Whos green bike? EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:34 pm

Did you just say shitshaper ? Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://ftw-nz.blogspot.co.nz/
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

Whos green bike? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whos green bike?   Whos green bike? EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:38 pm

Yeah I remember the Shapeshifter thing. Still no decent real custom shops around. About time we had one I think. Somebody must want to buy these bikes, not just us.
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

Whos green bike? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whos green bike?   Whos green bike? EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:48 pm

Irishjon wrote:
Yeah I remember the Shapeshifter thing. Still no decent real custom shops around. About time we had one I think. Somebody must want to buy these bikes, not just us.

yep, there are definitely people who do wanna buy them.
Back to top Go down
kershaw
Mechanic
Mechanic
kershaw

Whos green bike? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whos green bike?   Whos green bike? EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:50 am

haha shape shifter- our friend marcel

Laughing

whats a good custom though?

each to their own

i know of at least 4 stores in chch and in masterton as well as auckland.

but d.i.y. baby always looks better look at the bikes on here
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

Whos green bike? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whos green bike?   Whos green bike? EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 8:06 am

Irishjon wrote:

Interestingly, Shapeshifter's Bobbers were the most viewed vehicles on Trademe that month. I think if someone decided to market 'real bobbers' or suchlike, then there is a market. When you think about it, there's not that many really cool looking ones on TM, maybe only that Flyrite, and most are overpriced.
Back to top Go down
rattlecan ren
Mechanic
Mechanic
rattlecan ren

Whos green bike? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whos green bike?   Whos green bike? EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 10:28 am

Yeah it was me on my '668 neighbour of the beast' bobber.I recognised you straight away that wine metalflake biltwell lid.We actually passed each other right outside Jodys place(brocanass) him and I were riding into parnell to check out Damiens art exhibition,Give me a Pm here or on rattlers site if you want to go for a blat sometime.

PS shapeshifter I believe is now defunct.Marcell apparently looking at doing time...

Last edited by rattlecan ren on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kershaw
Mechanic
Mechanic
kershaw

Whos green bike? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whos green bike?   Whos green bike? EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 12:38 pm

rattlecan ren wrote:

PS shapeshifter I believe is now defunct.Marcell apparently looking at doing time...

cant say im surprised Smile

how is 668 anywho
Back to top Go down
rattlecan ren
Mechanic
Mechanic
rattlecan ren

Whos green bike? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whos green bike?   Whos green bike? EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 1:46 pm

Getting quite bored with it,I hope to have the 'red headed step child' on the road fingers crossed by labour weekend.After that the next project is my w650 which will be going to Jodys for hardtailing no timeframe in mind for that as long as the RHSC is running,cant wait to thrash around this summer on it.You still looking or found a new proj yet??I have seen your old 883 pass my place a few times...hard case the new owner lives on my street.
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

Whos green bike? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whos green bike?   Whos green bike? EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 3:38 pm

I always found Marcell to be a nice guy. I didn't realize he had a talent for horticulture.
Back to top Go down
kershaw
Mechanic
Mechanic
kershaw

Whos green bike? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whos green bike?   Whos green bike? EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 7:08 pm

rattlecan ren wrote:
Getting quite bored with it,I hope to have the 'red headed step child' on the road fingers crossed by labour weekend.After that the next project is my w650 which will be going to Jodys for hardtailing no timeframe in mind for that as long as the RHSC is running,cant wait to thrash around this summer on it.You still looking or found a new proj yet??I have seen your old 883 pass my place a few times...hard case the new owner lives on my street.

not yet working to much atm

myt be awhile before i get a new ride but still got my helmet and gears here waiting to be used again

can you bring 668 to the show in oct?
Back to top Go down
rattlecan ren
Mechanic
Mechanic
rattlecan ren

Whos green bike? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whos green bike?   Whos green bike? EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 10:12 pm

sorry Kershaw,no can do, all going well I will be out of town that weekend.rattlers are invited to the retro rockers 10year anniversary in palmy but if for some reason work has a short leash on me and I have to pass on the road trip I will keep it in mind,but don't count on me.....not really my scene mate,I would most likely be bored before my bike has chance to cool down.
Back to top Go down
kershaw
Mechanic
Mechanic
kershaw

Whos green bike? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whos green bike?   Whos green bike? EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 8:48 am

no worries ren, even if i could steal it off ya for theweek end Rolling Eyes Razz

thanks for being straight up makes it easier.

i wanna get more young fellas like ben learning about it
Back to top Go down
rattlecan ren
Mechanic
Mechanic
rattlecan ren

Whos green bike? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whos green bike?   Whos green bike? EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:29 pm

668 will prob be in palmy as well,by the look of Bens rig I reckon he certainly gets it.I have given up on trying to convert people to my way of bikes,I seem to be left frustrated that they cant see it,so have taken a more relaxed approach and let them figure it out on there own accord these days......so if you are trying to preach to the unconverted I wish you lots of luck,it used to do my head in seeing my old riding mates still thrashing around doing 200kph avoiding the law,getting rushes of adrenalin with near death experiences.I now leave them to it,they still love to ride some of my style of bikes from time to time but the speed drags em back sadly.
Back to top Go down
west end rotangs
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
west end rotangs

Whos green bike? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whos green bike?   Whos green bike? EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 8:53 pm

Too awesome! you got a write up or pix of the 668? looks super cool, haha converting i like it, well, you see, i know not a single thing about what bikes what, all i know is how shit works and what looks fucking killer. and what looks shit. har har. Just came back from a ride with two mates who have road bikes, was shit they love to clocking up the 200kph mark. Problem is my 250 wont happily go over 120kph so will be good to go for a ride soon with some bikes more my thing
Back to top Go down
rattlecan ren
Mechanic
Mechanic
rattlecan ren

Whos green bike? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whos green bike?   Whos green bike? EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 9:49 pm

if you are interested in checking out a write up on 668 you will find it on rattlers.co.nz homepage under build/tech tips.May meet ya next weekend at Irishs shed raid if you are going.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Whos green bike? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whos green bike?   Whos green bike? Empty

Back to top Go down

Whos green bike?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next