Grease Monkeys NZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BRASS PLATE AND NUTS

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

BRASS PLATE AND NUTS Empty
PostSubject: BRASS PLATE AND NUTS   BRASS PLATE AND NUTS EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 8:10 pm

I am after a piece of 4mm thick piece of brass about 5" in dia to make a points cover and some 1/4" brass unc nuts any ideas?
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: BRASS PLATE AND NUTS   BRASS PLATE AND NUTS EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 9:47 pm

the only thing I can think of is marine/chandlery type suppliers. when i was boatbuilding there was a certain amount of stuff supplied in brass when you were doin old school stuff. an old school boatbuilder type might know a supplier of something like that.
Back to top Go down
http://bobbers-r-us.weebly.com/
BFR
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: BRASS PLATE AND NUTS   BRASS PLATE AND NUTS EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 7:10 am

ok..... as i ran a chandlery I can tell you there hard to find... sorta I don't know which area of NZ your in but here goes.... nuts 1/4" if in Auckland go to iether fosters there at the bottom of victoria st from mem.... search harken fosters or forster harken also in glenfield you have chatfield eng they make those sorta things.... oh in westhaven if you head into sailors corner before I left we had some 1/4" strut bolts allsorts with some loose nuts e.c.t if your after a few there may be some loose ones that they may sell if you head in there check theres not a vrod parked round the side if there is look for the older guy with the gray beard he's into bikes e.c.t and say rob told you to come and see him.

as to the brass plate that stuff is hens teeth there is a company that advertises in the shed mag called small metals company or something like that they sell small bits of brass stock e.c.t for model engineers and such forth.

hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

PostSubject: Re: BRASS PLATE AND NUTS   BRASS PLATE AND NUTS EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 5:52 pm

thanks bfr but did a bit of looking around wellington and found a company in naenae that makes brass nuts and had what I wanted and will make me some unf nuts for my rocker boxes when I need them and a mate who works for mico metals is looking for some bronze of cuts for me .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BRASS PLATE AND NUTS   BRASS PLATE AND NUTS Empty

Back to top Go down

BRASS PLATE AND NUTS
Page 1 of 1