Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Our scooters

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
deadbeat
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Our scooters   Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:24 pm

Finally worked out how to post pics.The first one is "The 68 Comeback Special"A 68 Trophy thats hasnt been molested. By that I mean wiring is all original(from what I can see) & the engine is stock as well.Bolt on hard tail,conical rear hub,sprung saddle & apes.Have got a sprung hub for her but it will need relecing into a new rim.Got it from one of the Retro Rockers who are a great bunch of kats with a wealth of knowledge & have become good friends as well.She may not be the fastest bike around affraid ,but im too old for that stuff anymore!

The second is a little bike that I have been piecing together for about 10 years now for my doll.I got it from a geezer that use to ride it in Auckland in the late 60's,early 70's.He sent for the springer front from the states & decided that the bike should be raked,hard tail etc.It took nearly 12 months for the front end to arrive & unfortunately he lost interest in his sickle,moved to Wellyfornia & it got shoved under his house in the mud.The frame had been run over,the hard tail needed to be welded on & straightened.This my first time that I have attempted to build a bike but im building it for my doll as she wants it.
Big thanks to the Retro Rockers,Glen,Gats,Keith & Rats for their engine knowledge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser

PostSubject: Re: Our scooters   Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:13 pm

Cool bikes.
My bro-in-law has a triumph with one of those bolt on hardtails. There used to be a company in Wales that sold those(cant remember their name). Maybe Irishjon would remember them?
The springer bike really looks like 60's to 70's that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bobbers-r-us.weebly.com/
deadbeat
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Our scooters   Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:03 pm

thanks Brett.My wife really likes that 70's kiwi show bike deal,thats why im building it that way for her.Using as many period parts that I can find.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser

PostSubject: Re: Our scooters   Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:26 pm

Well you will hate me then as I have a few of those period triumph parts,some are rare webco bit"s and will be going on to my triumph as soon as I finish this freakin shovel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drakulina
Mechanic
Mechanic

PostSubject: Re: Our scooters   Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:32 pm

cool triumphy Deadbeat!

btw did you get a necklace off TM from me? Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser

PostSubject: Re: Our scooters   Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:33 pm

Hey Sharpy, When are you going to buy one of those puppies for your Daughter, That way I could talk her into building it
nice and skinny the way I would want it built. She's still my favorite mechanic. Laughing Wink Good to see your mastered the photo
posting too mate. pirat
Oh and don't worry about Doug, Everyone hates him especially his neighbors. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ftw-nz.blogspot.co.nz/
deadbeat
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Our scooters   Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:56 pm

drakulina wrote:
cool triumphy Deadbeat!

btw did you get a necklace off TM from me? Wink
I was wondering if you would pick up on that! Yep got it,all good,,cheers.I just want to make it public that the necklace is for MY wife.You got some cool stuff listed,will get some more stuff for her birthday. Deadbeat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deadbeat
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Our scooters   Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:58 pm

PAN/SHOVEL wrote:
Well you will hate me then as I have a few of those period triumph parts,some are rare webco bit"s and will be going on to my triumph as soon as I finish this freakin shovel.
Yup hate you already lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deadbeat
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Our scooters   Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:07 pm

Woody wrote:
Hey Sharpy, When are you going to buy one of those puppies for your Daughter, That way I could talk her into building it
nice and skinny the way I would want it built. She's still my favorite mechanic. Laughing Wink Good to see your mastered the photo
posting too mate. pirat
Oh and don't worry about Doug, Everyone hates him especially his neighbors. Twisted Evil
The way I see it Woody,is she will probly get my Trumpet eventually & my hot rod & my tudor,,,.Yeah she thinks the world of you as well,just get her into more chassis fab & welding when she aint got nothing to do.Dont be frightened to push her along as she needs it.I thought you like those fat bikes? Deadbeat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser

PostSubject: Re: Our scooters   Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:09 am

deadbeat wrote:
Woody wrote:
posting too mate. pirat
The way I see it Woody,is she will probly get my Trumpet eventually & my hot rod & my tudor,,,.Yeah she thinks the world of you as well,just get her into more chassis fab & welding when she aint got nothing to do.Dont be frightened to push her along as she needs it.I thought you like those fat bikes? Deadbeat

Well all I can say is that girl of yours has impeccable taste Laughing She can already Tig weld better than a lot of people Ive met she just needs to keep at it Practice makes perfect you know. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ftw-nz.blogspot.co.nz/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our scooters   Today at 3:24 pm

Back to top Go down

Our scooters
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1