Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 NOOOoooooo

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jon61
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser


Posts : 543
Join date : 2010-04-27
Location : North Shore

PostSubject: NOOOoooooo   Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:36 am

A motorcycle scrap yard in Guangzhou, China, the city has banned motorcycles.

In a measure of just how problematic prosperity can be in China, the city had instigated a ban on motorcycles and motorized bicycles, hoping to quell a crime wave that has been building to more than 100,000 offenses a year.

The motorcycles, the primary mode of transport for migrant workers clawing their way up Guangzhou’s economic ladder, are also favoured by criminals who have terrorized the city in recent years.

Looks like it's not good riding a motorcycle in China.... they have been trying to ban motorcycles since 2003, and so far 500,000 of them have been destroyed...









so sad, all that potential..... in the last photo, you can see the cop eyeing one up.. haha


Back to top Go down
View user profile
drakulina
Mechanic
Mechanic


Posts : 78
Join date : 2010-04-27
Location : Auckland

PostSubject: Re: NOOOoooooo   Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:32 pm

happens in southern china, few citys, too many bike gangs they rob people,beat you up... you can still ride your bike there if your legal but not allowed into the city area. those been destroyed are all illegal bikes,they are cheap to buy anyways $100 you can get a nice 250cc haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser


Posts : 1425
Join date : 2010-04-27
Age : 53
Location : Waitakere

PostSubject: Re: NOOOoooooo   Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:12 pm

Chinese bikes only last a year so they will end up at that dump anyway tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bobbers-r-us.weebly.com/
drakulina
Mechanic
Mechanic


Posts : 78
Join date : 2010-04-27
Location : Auckland

PostSubject: Re: NOOOoooooo   Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:02 pm

brett7777 wrote:
Chinese bikes only last a year so they will end up at that dump anyway tongue

sounds like you own a chinese bike before? or it's a because they said so kinda thing.

like chang jiang motorcycles been around for years never heard people complain about them. no doubt theres junk come out of china but theres high quality stuff too, even lifan have good bikes. all depends on what you paying, you wanna cut it cheap you will get cheap stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser


Posts : 1425
Join date : 2010-04-27
Age : 53
Location : Waitakere

PostSubject: Re: NOOOoooooo   Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:43 pm

drakulina wrote:
brett7777 wrote:
Chinese bikes only last a year so they will end up at that dump anyway tongue

sounds like you own a chinese bike before? or it's a because they said so kinda thing.

like chang jiang motorcycles been around for years never heard people complain about them. no doubt theres junk come out of china but theres high quality stuff too, even lifan have good bikes. all depends on what you paying, you wanna cut it cheap you will get cheap stuff.

i guess im just being an opinionated HD owner.
my assumption is cos I haven't seen many models yet that seemed to last for long on our roads, and yeah because 'I heard that kinda thing' & also because I wuz being a smartass.
hey you own an HD dude! havent seen you gettin round on a Lifan 200 !
I suppose if Lifan etc are still goin strong in 10 or 20 years time here in NZ then they will have built up a good long term rep here...
I saw some people are usin Lifans for Bobbers, fair enuf, if that's what you're into...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bobbers-r-us.weebly.com/
west end rotangs
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser


Posts : 173
Join date : 2010-05-01
Location : massey

PostSubject: Re: NOOOoooooo   Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:55 pm

Thats wild

so in this city they have totally banned them or in city area?

hey byron, so theres alot of people trouble with criminals and they usually roll round on bikes? as you say "illegal bikes" do ya mean like stolen and shit or like de reg'd kinda shit?

This country needs to ban plenty of shit
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://elboneshaker.co.nz
drakulina
Mechanic
Mechanic


Posts : 78
Join date : 2010-04-27
Location : Auckland

PostSubject: Re: NOOOoooooo   Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:57 pm

brett7777 wrote:
drakulina wrote:
brett7777 wrote:
Chinese bikes only last a year so they will end up at that dump anyway tongue

sounds like you own a chinese bike before? or it's a because they said so kinda thing.

like chang jiang motorcycles been around for years never heard people complain about them. no doubt theres junk come out of china but theres high quality stuff too, even lifan have good bikes. all depends on what you paying, you wanna cut it cheap you will get cheap stuff.

i guess im just being an opinionated HD owner.
my assumption is cos I haven't seen many models yet that seemed to last for long on our roads, and yeah because 'I heard that kinda thing' & also because I wuz being a smartass.
hey you own an HD dude! havent seen you gettin round on a Lifan 200 !
I suppose if Lifan etc are still goin strong in 10 or 20 years time here in NZ then they will have built up a good long term rep here...
I saw some people are usin Lifans for Bobbers, fair enuf, if that's what you're into...

it's all good brett, and I've been rock on a lifan before!Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drakulina
Mechanic
Mechanic


Posts : 78
Join date : 2010-04-27
Location : Auckland

PostSubject: Re: NOOOoooooo   Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:20 pm

west end rotangs wrote:
Thats wild

so in this city they have totally banned them or in city area?

hey byron, so theres alot of people trouble with criminals and they usually roll round on bikes? as you say "illegal bikes" do ya mean like stolen and shit or like de reg'd kinda shit?

This country needs to ban plenty of shit


officially its whole city ban but you can still ride just don't go into the CBD, busy streets and shit.

i wouldnt say they are "criminals"....most of them are wankers on scooters acting tough...

yea stolen,no rego kinda shit.

watch this! you get the idea ...but this one gone wrong hahaha...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQRnlHPkeNU
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser


Posts : 1425
Join date : 2010-04-27
Age : 53
Location : Waitakere

PostSubject: Re: NOOOoooooo   Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:43 am

drakulina wrote:
brett7777 wrote:
drakulina wrote:
brett7777 wrote:
Chinese bikes only last a year so they will end up at that dump anyway tongue

sounds like you own a chinese bike before? or it's a because they said so kinda thing.

like chang jiang motorcycles been around for years never heard people complain about them. no doubt theres junk come out of china but theres high quality stuff too, even lifan have good bikes. all depends on what you paying, you wanna cut it cheap you will get cheap stuff.

i guess im just being an opinionated HD owner.
my assumption is cos I haven't seen many models yet that seemed to last for long on our roads, and yeah because 'I heard that kinda thing' & also because I wuz being a smartass.
hey you own an HD dude! havent seen you gettin round on a Lifan 200 !
I suppose if Lifan etc are still goin strong in 10 or 20 years time here in NZ then they will have built up a good long term rep here...
I saw some people are usin Lifans for Bobbers, fair enuf, if that's what you're into...

it's all good brett, and I've been rock on a lifan before!Smile

maybe i shud try a Lifan, might be missing out !!!!!!! Laughing

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bobbers-r-us.weebly.com/
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser


Posts : 1425
Join date : 2010-04-27
Age : 53
Location : Waitakere

PostSubject: Re: NOOOoooooo   Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:46 am

drakulina wrote:


watch this! you get the idea ...but this one gone wrong hahaha...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQRnlHPkeNU

hahaha mayhem !
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bobbers-r-us.weebly.com/
west end rotangs
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser


Posts : 173
Join date : 2010-05-01
Location : massey

PostSubject: Re: NOOOoooooo   Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:21 pm

I wanna see that in auckland !
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://elboneshaker.co.nz
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: NOOOoooooo   Today at 11:12 am

Back to top Go down
 
NOOOoooooo
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Grease Monkeys NZ :: General Discussions-
Jump to: