Grease Monkeys NZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

rattlers RIP...resurrected

Go down 
+8
Woody
Damien
jon61
kershaw
Sara
rattlecan ren
Irishjon
brett7777
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

rattlers RIP...resurrected Empty
PostSubject: rattlers RIP...resurrected   rattlers RIP...resurrected EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 1:47 pm

Quote :
In order to login you must be registered. Registering takes only a few moments but gives you increased capabilities. The board administrator may also grant additional permissions to registered users. Before you register please ensure you are familiar with our terms of use and related policies. Please ensure you read any forum rules as you navigate around the board.

well me old username musta been wiped
didnt register cos I dont wanna keep gettin told off for not having a 'low budget' bike
Back to top Go down
http://bobbers-r-us.weebly.com/
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: hah   rattlers RIP...resurrected EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 1:53 pm

brett7777 wrote:
Quote :
In order to login you must be registered. Registering takes only a few moments but gives you increased capabilities. The board administrator may also grant additional permissions to registered users. Before you register please ensure you are familiar with our terms of use and related policies. Please ensure you read any forum rules as you navigate around the board.

well me old username musta been wiped
didnt register cos I dont wanna keep gettin told off for not having a 'low budget' bike

hah ! and all my posts removed too! yeehaa woohoo lol!
God bless you Justin
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

PostSubject: Re: rattlers RIP...resurrected   rattlers RIP...resurrected EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 1:58 pm

I suppose its Justin's forum and he can do what he likes but a bit of communication might have been nice. The forum is up and running again and seems to be running along as usual. I think that's good as it would be a shame to lose all that interest in Bobbers that the site generated.
Back to top Go down
http://www.greasemonkeys.co.nz
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: comms   rattlers RIP...resurrected EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:10 pm

Irishjon wrote:
a bit of communication might have been nice

communication is usually better than spitting out your dummy & throwing all your toys outta the cot.
some of these guys musta kicked everyone else outta the sandpit at daycare
what is also kinda funny is that some of the threads dont make any sense cos I started them & now they are missing my thread starters
is this dude taking the piss or what?!?! http://www.rattlers.co.nz/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=567
"Paughco Frame, DNA Springer forks, Cole Foster Tank" i dont think that's a 'rattler' lol! (nice bike tho, no doubt, but Im sure he's just havin' them on)

anyway i had my fun now so betta leave well enuf alone bom

and yes that site still does have value cos it's promoting the chopper/bobber ethos. But I won't be helpin' em. Basketball

when i get my ugly mirrors i'll drop 'em off if u like
Back to top Go down
rattlecan ren
Mechanic
Mechanic
rattlecan ren

PostSubject: Re: rattlers RIP...resurrected   rattlers RIP...resurrected EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:16 pm

The rattlers has had a turbulent time of late but behind the scenes there are a number of us really trying to get it back on track,wether this is too late Im unsure time will tell but Im not going to throw it all away just yet.The discussions that are on going right now appears to be incredibly constructive I will not divulge anything regarding this but its a great start.I am sure some people have moved on and thats their perrogative and at the same time a crying shame,but conflicts unfortunately arise.
I hope friendships can be resurrected for those that are effected if they choose to,but at the end of the day I can hold my head up high.
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: yup   rattlers RIP...resurrected EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:19 pm

good on ya Ren. Good to hear.
Back to top Go down
Sara
Admin
Sara

PostSubject: Re: rattlers RIP...resurrected   rattlers RIP...resurrected EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:26 pm

brett7777 wrote:

Sounds good, Brett - thank you for that. As promised, I owe you a couple of beers for them there ugly mirror devils Very Happy

PM me and/or Jon to let us know when you'd like to drop round Smile
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: ok   rattlers RIP...resurrected EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:28 pm

Sara wrote:
brett7777 wrote:

Sounds good, Brett - thank you for that. As promised, I owe you a couple of beers for them there ugly mirror devils Very Happy

PM me and/or Jon to let us know when you'd like to drop round Smile

yeah roger that, ten four rubber ducky
no beers needed (stopped about 20years ago)
Back to top Go down
kershaw
Mechanic
Mechanic
kershaw

PostSubject: Re: rattlers RIP...resurrected   rattlers RIP...resurrected EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:42 pm

brett7777 wrote:
no beers needed (stopped about 20years ago)

fool Evil or Very Mad

come on brett the only thing my old boy taught me was how'd ya trust a bloke wont DRINK A BEER OR HAVE A STEAK. Mad

please tell me ya eat steak Cool
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: yep   rattlers RIP...resurrected EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:44 pm

hahahahaha
yeah i love steak
i had to stop alcohol consumption cos otherwise i kept waking up on the other side of town & woulda been divorced & i kinda like my wife
makes you like a leper at parties
but now i learnt to enjoy thingz without it
also im crazy already so didnt need to be any more insane

Last edited by brett7777 on Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kershaw
Mechanic
Mechanic
kershaw

PostSubject: Re: rattlers RIP...resurrected   rattlers RIP...resurrected EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:45 pm

brett7777 wrote:
is this dude taking the piss or what?!?! http://www.rattlers.co.nz/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=567
"Paughco Frame, DNA Springer forks, Cole Foster Tank"

man that is a awesome bike Cool
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: yeah   rattlers RIP...resurrected EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:47 pm

kershaw wrote:
brett7777 wrote:
"Paughco Frame, DNA Springer forks, Cole Foster Tank"

man that is a awesome bike Cool

yeah and it's a sponsorship bike for a big company. definitely way different to the rattlers ethos. im sure that guy is taking the piss.
Back to top Go down
rattlecan ren
Mechanic
Mechanic
rattlecan ren

PostSubject: Re: rattlers RIP...resurrected   rattlers RIP...resurrected EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 3:48 pm

I dont think he is,I reckon he just thoroghly loves his bike and who wouldnt,I was surprised that even rumble liked it ......Its great how ya tastes change withy every page turn of ya favourite bike mag
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: time   rattlers RIP...resurrected EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 3:54 pm

Quote :
I dont think he is
only time will tell Laughing
Quote :
Its great how ya tastes change withy every page turn of ya favourite bike mag

aint that the truth
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

PostSubject: Re: rattlers RIP...resurrected   rattlers RIP...resurrected EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 4:08 pm

Can't see it being a piss take. Why would an Aussie bother? I just think he likes the bike and wanted to show it to like minded people. I agree that it doesn't fit the Rattlers budget bobber rules. Those tanks are hugely expensive and its an advert for a parts shop which is somthing we have already been told is completely wrong. I think its a cool bike anyway.
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: rattlers RIP...resurrected   rattlers RIP...resurrected EmptySat May 01, 2010 10:51 am

i had a quick thought about the rattlers thing. their style is very cool, but it's a very narrow niche group that it is aimed at - low budget bikes built with diy and sprayed with rattle can etc.
It limits it a lot because you are narrowed down to mainly old jappas, which truth be known, are not everyone's cuppa tea. (I know it's not only those, but generally speaking, that's what they work with).
The name 'old school bobbers' is not really the right description for it. It's more like 'low budget jappa bobbers'. If they were really old school bobbers they would be bobbers done from crockers, indians, knucks, flatheads, pre unit triumphs etc - the jap bikes they use are way newer than those old school bobbers.
They are basically the same as what I used to see in AWOL magazine about 10 years ago. Which were very cool. But only one niche of bobber building.
Back to top Go down
rattlecan ren
Mechanic
Mechanic
rattlecan ren

PostSubject: Re: rattlers RIP...resurrected   rattlers RIP...resurrected EmptySat May 01, 2010 11:19 am

low school jappa bobbers is a worse description thats even more niche,our budget is $10000 yes ten and believe it or not Irishs pan scrapes in under that budget and it aint a jappa its an old school bobber.Old school bobber is the look we are going for, for some people the 70s was old school and we have possibly nzs biggest club collection of old xs650s I alone have 3 of them,also retro bikes like the awesome w650 sure can look old school and they are modern as,so if you cant see that I guess Im wasting my time trying to explain it to you.......on the other hand your sporty is now fitted with a whitewall are you trying to go oldschool??food for thought

Last edited by rattlecan ren on Sat May 01, 2010 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kershaw
Mechanic
Mechanic
kershaw

PostSubject: Re: rattlers RIP...resurrected   rattlers RIP...resurrected EmptySat May 01, 2010 11:20 am

rattlers RIP...resurrected 1207wood

now build yaself a bridge and get over it.......

just leave the rattlers alone dude. Shocked

i dont mean to be rude but come on
Back to top Go down
rattlecan ren
Mechanic
Mechanic
rattlecan ren

PostSubject: Re: rattlers RIP...resurrected   rattlers RIP...resurrected EmptySat May 01, 2010 11:22 am

dude I mean dad congrats to ya family expanding....good news indeed.....beer soon at the alamo I reckon
Back to top Go down
kershaw
Mechanic
Mechanic
kershaw

PostSubject: Re: rattlers RIP...resurrected   rattlers RIP...resurrected EmptySat May 01, 2010 11:24 am

rattlecan ren wrote:
dude I mean dad congrats to ya family expanding....good news indeed.....beer soon at the alamo I reckon

cheers ren got ya text, thanks got a boy now so gotta start up a better tool collection mine is shocking to say the least jocolor
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: rattlers RIP...resurrected   rattlers RIP...resurrected EmptySat May 01, 2010 11:31 am

kershaw wrote:
rattlers RIP...resurrected 1207wood

now build yaself a bridge and get over it.......

just leave the rattlers alone dude. Shocked

i dont mean to be rude but come on

thanks for the wood dude!
yeah that's not rude of you, but fair comment.
nuff said bout this & dont wanna start another wrangle.
and congrats on your boy!
i have 2 boys, 16 & 20 years.
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: all good   rattlers RIP...resurrected EmptySat May 01, 2010 11:35 am

rattlecan ren wrote:
low school jappa bobbers is a worse description thats even more niche,our budget is $10000 yes ten and believe it or not Irishs pan scrapes in under that budget and it aint a jappa its an old school bobber.Old school bobber is the look we are going for, for some people the 70s was old school and we have possibly nzs biggest club collection of old xs650s I alone have 3 of them,also retro bikes like the awesome w650 sure can look old school and they are modern as,so if you cant see that I guess Im wasting my time trying to explain it to you.......on the other hand your sporty is now fitted with a whitewall are you trying to go oldschool??food for thought

yeah fair enuf Ren all good
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

PostSubject: Re: rattlers RIP...resurrected   rattlers RIP...resurrected EmptySat May 01, 2010 1:37 pm

I'd have to agree. Old School is a style thing rather than an age thing. To be honest, the sort of choppers that were being built in the 70's were mostly pieces of crap that fell apart all the time. I liked the earlier bikes like 60's choppers and 50's bobbers. My friends in the Chosen Few in Belfast in the 70'sbuilt lots of Triumph chops that were home built, cheap and cool but they were an older style than the flashy Uncle Bunt (John Reid) style stuff in the English mags. All down to taste though. My guys all built 24 hour endurance racers and cafes bikes. Some very flash ones too. Didn't start building choppers till 1980. Then we had the National Chopper Club and everything started again. Pity the NCC didn't make it as fat as NZ.
Back to top Go down
jon61
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
jon61

PostSubject: Re: rattlers RIP...resurrected   rattlers RIP...resurrected EmptySat May 01, 2010 5:20 pm

kershaw wrote:
rattlecan ren wrote:

cheers ren got ya text, thanks got a boy now so gotta start up a better tool collection mine is shocking to say the least jocolor

Congrats dad... lol! xlant! mine also all grown up.. but on the tool thing.... by all means get good ones.. get a big steel vault, and lock them up, get a nice cardboard box and lump all your (quote: shocking) existing tools in it and dont give them, they will just amazinly appear at different places around the home and driveway, then the kids grow up and have their own projects... i just spent 2 hours gathering up my tools from the garage floor today! yep just before i wrote this.. no kidding! so i've just had theropy writing this in hope that someone learns from my ... what ever it was..

kids, wouldnt be the same here without them
tools cant do without them... JUST PUT THEM BACK!

AHhhhhhh.. thats better...

anyway mate, congrats.. boys are easier than girls.... well done.
Back to top Go down
Damien
Mechanic
Mechanic
Damien

PostSubject: Cool   rattlers RIP...resurrected EmptySat May 01, 2010 8:01 pm

yeah, congrats on the addition to the family Kershaw, hope it all went well Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rattlers RIP...resurrected   rattlers RIP...resurrected Empty

Back to top Go down

rattlers RIP...resurrected
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next