Grease Monkeys NZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

still no go.....

Go down 
+3
rattlecan ren
Irishjon
kershaw
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kershaw
Mechanic
Mechanic
kershaw

still no go..... Empty
PostSubject: still no go.....   still no go..... EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 4:04 pm

My bike aint firing over,

plugs seem ok carby seems in working order well was, bikes apart again now, i got the suction into the carb and the fuel getting in from the tank (the easy part) but i cant fire it over any queries?
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

still no go..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: still no go.....   still no go..... EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 4:10 pm

Are the plugs getting wet? Pull both plus out and turn it over and see if you can small petrol from the plug holes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.greasemonkeys.co.nz
rattlecan ren
Mechanic
Mechanic
rattlecan ren

still no go..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: still no go.....   still no go..... EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 6:34 pm

lay ya plugs on the cylinder head on barrells so that when ya hit the starter button you can see if they are sparking or not.Whatever ya do dont hold them while trying that
Back to top Go down
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

still no go..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: still no go.....   still no go..... EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 10:04 pm

rattlecan ren wrote:
lay ya plugs on the cylinder head on barrells so that when ya hit the starter button you can see if they are sparking or not.Whatever ya do dont hold them while trying that

Yeah get someone else to hold the plugs like Byron. Laughing or ya Mrs hey it might even bring on the baby. bounce
Back to top Go down
http://ftw-nz.blogspot.co.nz/
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

still no go..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: still no go.....   still no go..... EmptySat May 01, 2010 10:08 am

You said that tank had been off and that you had to reconnect the fuel line. Has anythinbg else changed?
Back to top Go down
kershaw
Mechanic
Mechanic
kershaw

still no go..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: still no go.....   still no go..... EmptySat May 01, 2010 11:23 am

Irishjon wrote:
You said that tank had been off and that you had to reconnect the fuel line. Has anythinbg else changed?

sorry kinda had to go have a baby havent had a proper look since yesterday arvo Embarassed

the mufflers are changed-but that shouldnt matter
the carb has been off as mentioned
but i havent pulled the engine down or touch the wiring Smile
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

still no go..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: still no go.....   still no go..... EmptySat May 01, 2010 1:09 pm

sorry if too basic, but are your elecs/ignition system working? i think with sporties it has to make a circuit, so if you get a wire crimped under a handlebar it can break the circuit.
also with older evo sporties it's common for the ignition module to crap out.
and of course if the neg on your battery is anything less then really tight, it also wont go.
speaking of battery, is it ok? with a crapped one, sporties will turn over but only fire on one cylinder and not wanna go.
I doubt it's these things cos sounds like fuel rather than elec, but they are common ones on evo sporties with some miles so worth throwin it out there
Back to top Go down
http://bobbers-r-us.weebly.com/
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

still no go..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: still no go.....   still no go..... EmptySat May 01, 2010 1:25 pm

I'd still bet on it being a fuel problem. If not that, then you need to check the VOES crap sitting on top of the carb. If that is leaking or not connected it puts the advance/retard out on the ignition timing and it wont start. I get the same problem with Sara's 04 Sporty sometimes.
Back to top Go down
kershaw
Mechanic
Mechanic
kershaw

still no go..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: still no go.....   still no go..... EmptySat May 01, 2010 9:13 pm

got the battery charging at the moment
it got drain from trying to turn it over
after all my checking and trying and checking again only to be follewed by another failed try Evil or Very Mad

will try it again in the next few days get back to trouble shooting myt be easy
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

still no go..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: still no go.....   still no go..... EmptyMon May 10, 2010 3:53 pm

Did you get it started yet? Did the problems start after you swapped out the carb?
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

still no go..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: still no go.....   still no go..... EmptyMon May 17, 2010 11:06 am

so did u get it goin or what Kersh ?
an old school friend of yours rang me the other day - Luke
Back to top Go down
kershaw
Mechanic
Mechanic
kershaw

still no go..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: still no go.....   still no go..... EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:56 pm

still no go guys split the terminal fitting the battery as it snapped but not firing yet Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

still no go..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: still no go.....   still no go..... EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:59 pm

kershaw wrote:
still no go guys split the terminal fitting the battery as it snapped but not firing yet Evil or Very Mad

u need a grease monkey monkey
Back to top Go down
kershaw
Mechanic
Mechanic
kershaw

still no go..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: still no go.....   still no go..... EmptyThu May 20, 2010 8:36 pm

bike is running again Suspect Sad Laughing cheers

thanks jon61 and drak wouldnt of started with out ya expertise and more importantly tools

EBMF! afro
Back to top Go down
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

still no go..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: still no go.....   still no go..... EmptyThu May 20, 2010 9:30 pm

SO what was the problem then Kershaw?
Back to top Go down
http://ftw-nz.blogspot.co.nz/
kershaw
Mechanic
Mechanic
kershaw

still no go..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: still no go.....   still no go..... EmptyFri May 21, 2010 9:02 am

shit load of little things....

plugs carb points, loose fittings etc.

johns a champ though could definitly learn alot from him

EBMF!
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

still no go..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: still no go.....   still no go..... EmptyFri May 21, 2010 5:52 pm

Tools are always good. rabbit
Back to top Go down
kershaw
Mechanic
Mechanic
kershaw

still no go..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: still no go.....   still no go..... EmptyWed May 26, 2010 2:10 pm

brand new plugs feels like a brand new bike
Twisted Evil

EBMF!
Back to top Go down
rattlecan ren
Mechanic
Mechanic
rattlecan ren

still no go..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: still no go.....   still no go..... EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:42 pm

kershaw wrote:
Twisted Evil

EBMF!
I hear ya ,I put new plugs in my old indian over the weekend and rode with lanc3 on his sportster and it went sweetly,amazing what a small thing like that can do to the performance,hope the weather is nice so I can take it out this weekend again.
Back to top Go down
milk bar cowboy
Mechanic
Mechanic

still no go..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: still no go.....   still no go..... EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:52 pm

Hi Ren, saw you heading out of Riverhead as we (Trumpy, Norton, Harley and a GB Honda) were heading into riverhead. Had just been past your place, so if the neighbours complain about a harley going past tooting the horn, ya know who it is.
Back to top Go down
jon61
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
jon61

still no go..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: still no go.....   still no go..... EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:58 pm

kershaw wrote:
Twisted Evil

EBMF!

Kool, you need to come over 4 a ride...

lol!
Back to top Go down
rattlecan ren
Mechanic
Mechanic
rattlecan ren

still no go..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: still no go.....   still no go..... EmptyThu May 27, 2010 11:32 pm

milk bar cowboy wrote:
Hi Ren, saw you heading out of Riverhead as we (Trumpy, Norton, Harley and a GB Honda) were heading into riverhead. Had just been past your place, so if the neighbours complain about a harley going past tooting the horn, ya know who it is.
Yeah,thought I recognised the harley on the highway,we had just left hallertaus,quite busy there was about a dozen bikes too,i was oohhing and ahhhing over a stock w650 and the owner through me the keys to take it for a blat,but I turned him down,I think he was impressed that I was actually admiring for what it is and not a cheap trumpy knock off considering I was riding a vintage bike.
My neighbours are so used to bikes tooting around here,some of my neighbours think Its a bikie gang hangout,just because you and ya mates love bikes doesnt make it a gang.......some people!
Hey 2 dinner tried calling you last fri but you were preoccupied will try again 2mrw,are you going to ride it white for a bit to check if any hairline fractures occurr before ya put the nice skin on it???
Back to top Go down
jon61
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
jon61

still no go..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: still no go.....   still no go..... EmptyFri May 28, 2010 7:41 am

[quote="rattlecan ren Hey 2 dinner tried calling you last fri but you were preoccupied will try again 2mrw,are you going to ride it white for a bit to check if any hairline fractures occurr before ya put the nice skin on it???[/quote]

yep home today or very close call if you can, orb pos turn up? and yep no paint untill i see nothing moves or gets rubbed...

pirat
Back to top Go down
kershaw
Mechanic
Mechanic
kershaw

still no go..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: still no go.....   still no go..... EmptyFri May 28, 2010 9:26 am

jon61 wrote:
kershaw wrote:
Twisted Evil

EBMF!

Kool, you need to come over 4 a ride...

lol!

sounds like a plan whens the auckland ride?
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

still no go..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: still no go.....   still no go..... EmptySat May 29, 2010 1:52 pm

Saturday. Week after Queen's Birthday. Lunchtime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

still no go..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: still no go.....   still no go..... Empty

Back to top Go down

still no go.....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Grease Monkeys NZ :: The Build Files :: Build help required-
Jump to: