Grease Monkeys NZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bleeding (bloody) Brakes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
57 rider
Apprentice
Apprentice

Bleeding (bloody) Brakes Empty
PostSubject: Bleeding (bloody) Brakes   Bleeding (bloody) Brakes EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 4:26 pm

Thought my MASTER CYLINDER was rooted on my sporty.....Dealership was happy to sell me a KIT to fix it. That didn't work.....I didnt realise the complexities of getn front brakes working after running with none for a while.
Anyway, after seeking sum advice from mates, and an hour of PUMPIINg dem brakes and stuff........BANG.....brakes going again. Can get dat WOF now.
Lesson LEARNED!!!
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding (bloody) Brakes   Bleeding (bloody) Brakes EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 9:51 pm

Get one of those little vacuum pumps for bleeding brakes. Cheap and one of the most useful tools I've ever bought.
Back to top Go down
http://www.greasemonkeys.co.nz
flea2008
Mechanic
Mechanic
flea2008

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding (bloody) Brakes   Bleeding (bloody) Brakes EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 7:04 pm

i use a big bloody syringe to suck all the air out cheap and works a treat
Back to top Go down
imperial00
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding (bloody) Brakes   Bleeding (bloody) Brakes EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 8:16 pm

i have an oil can i keep just for brake fluid and pump the fluid from the caliper back to master cylinder (you gotta hold the cylinder open)on ones that are a bitch.or if you can take the whole system off bleed it off the bike with a spacer inbetween the pads with the caliper up high.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding (bloody) Brakes   Bleeding (bloody) Brakes Empty

Back to top Go down

Bleeding (bloody) Brakes
Page 1 of 1