Grease Monkeys NZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Satan's Little Helper

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

Satan's Little Helper Empty
PostSubject: Satan's Little Helper   Satan's Little Helper EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 10:12 pm

Satan's Little Helper P4070060
Started to build one of those little cafe racers out of a Yamaha SR400. I rode it home in al its stocky glory and it seemed nice and quiet and a bit slow. Sort of like the little trail bike it really is. Found out that I had just missed the postie when I got home so I headed off to the local post depot to pick up my parcel. When I came out with the parcel the bugger refused to kick start. I have a dodgy leg anyway so it started to hurt after a short time. No problem. I'll bump start it. First attempt and it refused to start. Tried again and immediately fell over the other side of the bike and ended up in a heap n the car park. Isn't it odd how quick you can pick up a bike a run it out of a car park before anyone sees you?
Gave it a big push and managed to bump start it out on the road and wobbled off home nursing my sore knee.
I didn't even try to kick start it again after that. I wheeled it into the garage and started to tear it apart the next day. It got christened Satan cause its a right little bastard.
These pics are where I have got to so far. I'm going to do this one in stages through the winter so I can keep it on the road. Its going to get a white paint job with a red stripe so that it looks like the old Yam race bike I used to have in the 70's.
Satan's Little Helper P4070055
Back to top Go down
http://www.greasemonkeys.co.nz
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

PostSubject: Satan's other helper   Satan's Little Helper EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 10:15 pm

Decided that one cafe racer wasn't enough so I am converting Sara's W650 Kawasaki as well.
Satan's Little Helper P4070058
This has a really cool polished top tree. I love this one.
Back to top Go down
kershaw
Mechanic
Mechanic
kershaw

PostSubject: Re: Satan's Little Helper   Satan's Little Helper EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 10:32 am

i love the little yammie as a cafe racer, but why the w650? I know it was almost cafe anyway but penny for ya thoughts?

on a side note love the smilies afro
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: quick   Satan's Little Helper EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 10:55 am

man u ripped into that sr pretty quick
i like the look of it already - what is that tank?
Back to top Go down
http://bobbers-r-us.weebly.com/
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

PostSubject: Re: Satan's Little Helper   Satan's Little Helper EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 11:20 am

I originall got the alloy tank for the W650 cause I was told it was a cafe racer but it didn't fit with the seat. I was going to bob the Yamaha but with that tank it had to be cafed. I already had teh clipons for the Kawa so now I have ended up with 2 cafes. Nothing ever stays the same round here so it may all change in a couple of months. Going to have some fun with them first though. cyclops No idea what this smiley is but its cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Satan's Little Helper   Satan's Little Helper Empty

Back to top Go down

Satan's Little Helper
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Grease Monkeys NZ :: The Build Files :: Project files-
Jump to: