Grease Monkeys NZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I hate it when...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
EEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
EEL

I hate it when... Empty
PostSubject: I hate it when...   I hate it when... EmptyMon May 23, 2011 7:41 pm

... you're riding your bike in town, stopped at lights in busy weekend traffic and your clutch cable snaps. FARK!! What a Face Had to push the bugger off the road (in gear - not easy, so enlist help of nearby pedestrians), find neutral, crash start the bugger, sneak into side streets until lights turned green and then blast on through the traffic before they changed to red again. Was an interesting game!
Back to top Go down
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

I hate it when... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I hate it when...   I hate it when... EmptyMon May 23, 2011 7:54 pm

Sounds like you need an auto clutch my friend. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://ftw-nz.blogspot.co.nz/
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

I hate it when... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I hate it when...   I hate it when... EmptyMon May 23, 2011 8:14 pm

i try & lube mine every year or so, throttle cables too.
Back to top Go down
http://bobbers-r-us.weebly.com/
Damien
Mechanic
Mechanic
Damien

I hate it when... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I hate it when...   I hate it when... EmptyThu May 26, 2011 4:37 pm

That sucks. I stalled at some lights today with traffic behind, no electric start at the mo so had to push it to the side to kick start it then when I went to head home it bit back kick starting in the rain - foot slipped and now theres a nice gory scrap up my shim - fark it hurt, didn't want to look until I got home...that'll learn me Suspect
Back to top Go down
EEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
EEL

I hate it when... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I hate it when...   I hate it when... EmptyThu May 26, 2011 7:13 pm

Damien wrote:
That sucks. I stalled at some lights today with traffic behind, no electric start at the mo so had to push it to the side to kick start it then when I went to head home it bit back kick starting in the rain - foot slipped and now theres a nice gory scrap up my shim - fark it hurt, didn't want to look until I got home...that'll learn me Suspect

Frickin rain! Blood in ya boots! Gotta love kick starters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I hate it when... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I hate it when...   I hate it when... Empty

Back to top Go down

I hate it when...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Grease Monkeys NZ :: General Discussions-
Jump to: