Grease Monkeys NZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

howdy from Wellington

Go down 
+4
Irishjon
Woody
PAN/SHOVEL
deadbeat
8 posters
AuthorMessage
deadbeat
Apprentice
Apprentice

howdy from Wellington Empty
PostSubject: howdy from Wellington   howdy from Wellington EmptyTue May 11, 2010 5:59 pm

Howdy to all from Wellington.Found out about GMNZ from a guy that lanced my boils in an ally! Through him I met Irish at the Blowout in Auckland. Rebuilding a triumph bobber that was an old chop that used to terrorise people in Auckland back in the early 70's for my wife.Thunderbird bottom end,bonny top end,springer front,Harley rear wheel & brit bike front wheel.Since I like old cars as well I have incorperated a lot of hot rod stuff into her sickle as well like 39 Chev tail light,36 Ford Spare wheel cover that I chopped up to make the rear fender Shocked & a combo of big block Ford valve springs & frost plugs that locate the springs for her saddle.After all a hot bike is a hot rod only on 2 wheels! Deadbeat
Back to top Go down
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

PostSubject: Re: howdy from Wellington   howdy from Wellington EmptyTue May 11, 2010 6:18 pm

welcome and good we must out number those aucklanders lol
Back to top Go down
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

PostSubject: Re: howdy from Wellington   howdy from Wellington EmptyTue May 11, 2010 6:58 pm

Welcome aboard there Sharpy you finally made it aye? Just give us a yell if ya need anymore of those boils lanced, No one beats my prices Laughing
howdy from Wellington Deadbeat21
Deadbeats Three wheeled Chopper.
Back to top Go down
http://ftw-nz.blogspot.co.nz/
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

PostSubject: Re: howdy from Wellington   howdy from Wellington EmptyTue May 11, 2010 7:27 pm

Cool car. Welcome aboard. Looking forward to seeing some pics of the Triumph. We don't get to see enough Brit bikes. Looks like I'll have to take another run down to Welington when you all get those bikes out on the street.
Back to top Go down
http://www.greasemonkeys.co.nz
Cam
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Cam

PostSubject: Re: howdy from Wellington   howdy from Wellington EmptyTue May 11, 2010 9:21 pm

Hi, welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

PostSubject: Re: howdy from Wellington   howdy from Wellington EmptyTue May 11, 2010 10:37 pm

Irishjon wrote:
Cool car. Welcome aboard. Looking forward to seeing some pics of the Triumph. We don't get to see enough Brit bikes. Looks like I'll have to take another run down to Welington when you all get those bikes out on the street.

Yeah feel free to leave one of your rides down here mate. I'll look after it for ya Laughing
Hell you have enough bikes to leave one in every town around NZ. Wink
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

PostSubject: Re: howdy from Wellington   howdy from Wellington EmptyWed May 12, 2010 9:43 am

Yeah but I'd have to push them there Laughing
Back to top Go down
deadbeat
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: howdy from Wellington   howdy from Wellington EmptyWed May 12, 2010 5:41 pm

Thanks guys.Once I learn how to get pics up I will ,,,,Deadbeat
Back to top Go down
jon61
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
jon61

PostSubject: Re: howdy from Wellington   howdy from Wellington EmptyWed May 12, 2010 7:55 pm

Good to see another amongst our ranks...welcome.

Hey woody, those carb stacks look like they’d be good for winter, mine straight down, not bad when moving but will be a pain left standing in the rain!

Nice car by the way, ’29 A ... looking like a fun ride.

Boy, I wish my workshop looked like that, is that your corner of the new shop or (dam) your home?

I’m tempted to have that photo as my wallpaper on the computer... it’s so tidy...

Cool
Back to top Go down
rattlecan ren
Mechanic
Mechanic
rattlecan ren

PostSubject: Re: howdy from Wellington   howdy from Wellington EmptyWed May 12, 2010 8:15 pm

hey 2dinner see you have had time to paint the wildlife in ya garden whilst ya wait for ya bike to return home!....maybe we should have some sort of art and crafts evening at your place where we can 'pimp' our snails and race em for pink slips.
Back to top Go down
jon61
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
jon61

PostSubject: Re: howdy from Wellington   howdy from Wellington EmptyWed May 12, 2010 9:51 pm

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

PostSubject: Re: howdy from Wellington   howdy from Wellington EmptyThu May 13, 2010 6:31 am

jon61 wrote:
Good to see another amongst our ranks...welcome.

Hey woody, those carb stacks look like they’d be good for winter, mine straight down, not bad when moving but will be a pain left standing in the rain!

Nice car by the way, ’29 A ... looking like a fun ride.

Boy, I wish my workshop looked like that, is that your corner of the new shop or (dam) your home?

I’m tempted to have that photo as my wallpaper on the computer... it’s so tidy...

Cool
Hey Jon you could always use the new carb stack as a helmet hook in the winter.
And no that's the old workshop, The new corner looks more like this. affraid
howdy from Wellington Work019
howdy from Wellington Work012
Back to top Go down
jon61
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
jon61

PostSubject: Re: howdy from Wellington   howdy from Wellington EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:16 am

Cool space, thermals for winter? Still some sorting to do I see....

hey seen the beach hop sticker on the tool box, see next one Ford picked up sponsorship and they’re giving away 3 fordy things, but the prize that fills the bobber they gave away this year is a rebuilt flat head... now that would be good for a bike build.

Neutral
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

PostSubject: Re: howdy from Wellington   howdy from Wellington EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:15 am

I got a trophy at the Beach Hop a couple of years back. I'm going to sort out a bike for the next one. Maybe we should all have a go
Back to top Go down
Sara
Admin
Sara

PostSubject: Re: howdy from Wellington   howdy from Wellington EmptyThu May 13, 2010 3:14 pm

Irishjon wrote:
I got a trophy at the Beach Hop a couple of years back. I'm going to sort out a bike for the next one. Maybe we should all have a go

i'm up for that - i will take the mighty, metal-flaked 2004 sportster Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: howdy from Wellington   howdy from Wellington Empty

Back to top Go down

howdy from Wellington
Page 1 of 1