Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Importing bikes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Motnz
Mechanic
Mechanic


Posts : 84
Join date : 2010-10-10

PostSubject: Importing bikes    Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:12 pm

Do you guys know anything about importing bikes? What can be imported and from what country? I know a bit about importing cars but nothing about bikes. Any links would be great.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slaytanica
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser


Posts : 529
Join date : 2010-04-28
Location : Palmy NZ (again!)

PostSubject: Re: Importing bikes    Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:19 pm

Motnz wrote:
Do you guys know anything about importing bikes? What can be imported and from what country? I know a bit about importing cars but nothing about bikes. Any links would be great.

Thanks

same as cars mate except cheaper, if its from the states then its $495USD to ship from LA to NZ, well it was when I did it last year

kiwi shipping is your man, Steve Curle. tell him Shaun Walters recomended him, he'll love that!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser


Posts : 314
Join date : 2010-05-26
Location : Wellington

PostSubject: Re: Importing bikes    Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:26 pm

Yep, I was also given Steve's name as the bloke to contact.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
klink
Apprentice
Apprentice


Posts : 48
Join date : 2011-05-04
Age : 52
Location : Waikanae

PostSubject: Yep, Steve or Craig   Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:49 pm

Just come back from US,, Caught up with Steve at Bakersfield and got drunk with them both in the Cowboys Bar near Ramada. Bringing a bike back is easy, just be sure you have the pinky and receipt for Steve. Also check the Kiwishipping website ,,, lots of good advice on there ,, Bought a nice shovel in Cali off this guy http://www.micahscustomcycles.com/ ,,, it is on the water now thanks to Steve.http://www.micahscustomcycles.com/



Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.klinksgarage.co.nz
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser


Posts : 1302
Join date : 2010-04-26
Location : Wellington

PostSubject: Re: Importing bikes    Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:11 pm

klink wrote:
Just come back from US,, Caught up with Steve at Bakersfield and got drunk with them both in the Cowboys Bar near Ramada. Bringing a bike back is easy, just be sure you have the pinky and receipt for Steve. Also check the Kiwishipping website ,,, lots of good advice on there ,, Bought a nice shovel in Cali off this guy http://www.micahscustomcycles.com/ ,,, it is on the water now thanks to Steve.http://www.micahscustomcycles.com/



Any pics of the shovel Klink ??????
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ftw-nz.blogspot.co.nz/
klink
Apprentice
Apprentice


Posts : 48
Join date : 2011-05-04
Age : 52
Location : Waikanae

PostSubject: Re: Importing bikes    Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:58 pm

Woody wrote:
klink wrote:
Just come back from US,, Caught up with Steve at Bakersfield and got drunk with them both in the Cowboys Bar near Ramada. Bringing a bike back is easy, just be sure you have the pinky and receipt for Steve. Also check the Kiwishipping website ,,, lots of good advice on there ,, Bought a nice shovel in Cali off this guy http://www.micahscustomcycles.com/ ,,, it is on the water now thanks to Steve.http://www.micahscustomcycles.com/



Any pics of the shovel Klink ??????

Here ya go. Micah McClowsky was a personal friend of Burt Munro. Burt would stay with Micah during his speed campagns. He showed us through his workshop,, showed us photos of him and Burt even an original photo of them with the Indian on the trailer. Blew me away... Kind of bought the bike becuase of the connection to NZ and Burt,,,, hopefully sell it to someone in Invergiggle
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.klinksgarage.co.nz
klink
Apprentice
Apprentice


Posts : 48
Join date : 2011-05-04
Age : 52
Location : Waikanae

PostSubject: Landed today,,,    Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:27 pm

It is now in KlinksGarage Kapiti Road for viewing, and sale of course.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.klinksgarage.co.nz
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Importing bikes    Today at 11:11 am

Back to top Go down
 
Importing bikes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Some of my past project bikes...........
» festival of 1000 bikes mallory park
» K bikes clutch
» These new V4 bikes could be interesting.
» Importing from Brazil youself...

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Grease Monkeys NZ :: General Discussions-
Jump to: