Grease Monkeys NZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gidday, I'm Shay

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shay
Apprentice
Apprentice

Gidday, I'm Shay Empty
PostSubject: Gidday, I'm Shay   Gidday, I'm Shay EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 10:09 pm

Gidday, I'm Shay and I've only been involved in this site for a few hours and I have to say that I am totally blown away. I posted a quick couple of notes this afternoon and I have had an email and phone call back offering heaps of good advice (thanks IrishJon and Woody). I'm right at the start of a project based on chopping a 76 Ironhead (no, not that original, so I'm not committing too much of a sin!) I will start a thread up on the project forum - once I get the knack of how to do it - and post a couple of "before" photos.
Back to top Go down
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

Gidday, I'm Shay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gidday, I'm Shay   Gidday, I'm Shay EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 11:48 pm

Welcome aboard Shay Good to have ya here mate.
Back to top Go down
http://ftw-nz.blogspot.co.nz/
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

Gidday, I'm Shay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gidday, I'm Shay   Gidday, I'm Shay EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 8:31 am

When you get to rebuilding the transmission take some good pictures. I need to start working on mine soon Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.greasemonkeys.co.nz
Shay
Apprentice
Apprentice

Gidday, I'm Shay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gidday, I'm Shay   Gidday, I'm Shay EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 8:21 pm

Wow - not sure I will get to the "rebuild my transmission myself" stage, at the moment I'm on a real steep learning curve about the most basic stuff, but thanks for the faith! You do raise an interesting point though. My Sporty is a 76 (definitely, as I checked the vin against a couple of sources and it is the same number on engine and frame) and yet it is a right hand gear change and left hand brake, even though the last year was supposed to be 74 for this set up - any thoughts on why it would be like this - easier to set up on a rebuild maybe?
Back to top Go down
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

Gidday, I'm Shay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gidday, I'm Shay   Gidday, I'm Shay EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 10:04 pm

welcome aboard,another upper hutt boy theres a few of us up this way
Back to top Go down
Shay
Apprentice
Apprentice

Gidday, I'm Shay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gidday, I'm Shay   Gidday, I'm Shay EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:27 pm

Hey Mr Pan/Shovel, I suspect I may have heard about you and your bikes. U da man who swings spanners on HDs at WM by any chance?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gidday, I'm Shay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gidday, I'm Shay   Gidday, I'm Shay Empty

Back to top Go down

Gidday, I'm Shay
Page 1 of 1