Grease Monkeys NZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

new junior monkey Nick

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nickfracture

new junior monkey Nick Empty
PostSubject: new junior monkey Nick   new junior monkey Nick EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 3:29 pm

Hey everyone,

My name is Nick and I live in West Auckland. A couple of months ago I'd never even ridden a bike, then one fateful day me and my mate Bodhi decided to do the basic handling skills course... "Just to learn to ride. Definitely not going to buy bikes". Two hours later we were headed for the nearest bike shop to see what we could get. You could say we got the bug pretty bad.

We've just bought a guinea-pig bike to take to bits and learn how it all works. It's a Honda Rebel 450 that we're going to turn into a bobber, nicknamed "the Cherry Popper" cos it's our first time.. aww shucks. And cos it's probably going to be quick and messy, and maybe even a little embarrassing.. Smile

The bike is in pretty good shape, but it's been outside for 6 months so a bit of surface rust / oxidisation on the shiny bits, and it wasn't running great, dead battery, etc. So far we've stripped some bits off, replaced the battery, and did our first major job the other day - taking the carb off, cleaning it out and putting it back on in one piece. Bike is running so much better now! Stoked on our first real win.

Anyways - there's no way two newbies like me and my buddy could pull this off without forums like this one and the Honda Rebel forum helping us out, along with books and youtube. It's been so helpful so far. So any and all suggestions / advice / tips / whatever anyone wants to throw at us, we're keen as.

Thanks guys.. look forward to talking to you and hopefully taking the Cherry Popper out for a ride when it's all done.
Nick
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

PostSubject: Re: new junior monkey Nick   new junior monkey Nick EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:43 am

Welcome aboard guys. You should have a word with Brett777. He's done quite a few Rebels so far and turns them round pretty quick. He's in West Auckland too and would be able to give you a good idea of how to start.
Back to top Go down
http://www.greasemonkeys.co.nz
Motnz
Mechanic
Mechanic
Motnz

PostSubject: Re: new junior monkey Nick   new junior monkey Nick EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 7:01 am

Welcome! I've had a 250 rebel before and they are great reliable bikes. As John said, Im sure Brett will be able to help you with anything rebel related. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
nickfracture

PostSubject: Re: new junior monkey Nick   new junior monkey Nick EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 7:04 am

Cheers for the welcome guys. Yeah, Brett already said hi on the Honda Rebel forum. Already have a load of questions to ask him Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new junior monkey Nick   new junior monkey Nick Empty

Back to top Go down

new junior monkey Nick
Page 1 of 1