Grease Monkeys NZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Grease Monkey Bike Show in April

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

Grease Monkey Bike Show in April Empty
PostSubject: Grease Monkey Bike Show in April   Grease Monkey Bike Show in April EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 9:49 am

Just been talking to someone wanting to host a bike show at Takanini in April, probably on the 13th and 14th. He's got a big yard just off the motorway is is planning on stalls and food etc and the profits will be going to support the local burns unit. Looks like a chance to run our own sort of bike show before winter sets in.
If anyone wants to help out, this is just at the early stages so we need to get the word out and drum up some interest and also get some ideas on how we would run it.
Anybody interested?
Back to top Go down
http://www.greasemonkeys.co.nz
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

PostSubject: Re: Grease Monkey Bike Show in April   Grease Monkey Bike Show in April EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 4:58 pm

I'm going to have a lookk at the site on Sunday. There's an old truck that can be used as a stage and a bus for a chill out area. I'm thinking we need a pre/launch party and a post party. Get sme bikes out and shake the town up a bit.
I can't use Grinderfest again so we need a new name and theme and a poster. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

PostSubject: Re: Grease Monkey Bike Show in April   Grease Monkey Bike Show in April EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 6:02 pm

I like the sound of this,Mmm a name have to think about that
Back to top Go down
keithmaniac
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Grease Monkey Bike Show in April   Grease Monkey Bike Show in April EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 8:01 pm

Always keen especially when there is a party ! Whats the update on the Motat show Irish ?
Back to top Go down
jon61
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
jon61

PostSubject: Re: Grease Monkey Bike Show in April   Grease Monkey Bike Show in April EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 11:39 pm

Grease Monkey Bike Show in April Greasemonkeys-1

Last edited by jon61 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jon61
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
jon61

PostSubject: Re: Grease Monkey Bike Show in April   Grease Monkey Bike Show in April EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 11:40 pm

Jon, i can help if u need, don't know what, but maybe useful for something?

cheers
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

PostSubject: Re: Grease Monkey Bike Show in April   Grease Monkey Bike Show in April EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 8:36 am

Keith
Not sure what happened to the Motat show. I had put out a call for bikes but didn't get any response so I had to go back to Motat and let them know that I couldn't help.
That was a bit dissapointing.
Jon
Thanks for that. I'll give you a shout after Sunday when I have talked to teh guy about the site.
Back to top Go down
keithmaniac
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Grease Monkey Bike Show in April   Grease Monkey Bike Show in April EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 5:41 pm

Yeah was keen on the motat thing but of to Paeroa for the weekend
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

PostSubject: Re: Grease Monkey Bike Show in April   Grease Monkey Bike Show in April EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 10:43 am

Ok so this isn't going to be our show now. We'll have another think about how that one runs but there will still be a show in April. Currently it is being organised by Jody but that is likely to change. I'll post more details as they are sent to me but basically its still going to be custom builders bike show in South Auckland with bands and food. It will be open to the public and proceeds will go to the Auckland Burns Unit which is a good cause.
The newly formed Auckland Bandidos are the main sponsor but thinking back to when I came to NZ, the HA used to run some very successful shows at the old Oriental Markets, where Britomart is now. They were fun and had some very cool bikes so no real reason why this one can't work either. Like I said, Grease Monkeys or myself are not involved with organising or running the show but still worth checking out. Link to the current poster below.

https://picasaweb.google.com/113846981975290296037/February272013#5849374118037996466
Back to top Go down
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

PostSubject: Re: Grease Monkey Bike Show in April   Grease Monkey Bike Show in April EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 6:21 pm

yea good luck to them,but I can't be seen there bit of a shame but thats the way it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grease Monkey Bike Show in April   Grease Monkey Bike Show in April Empty

Back to top Go down

Grease Monkey Bike Show in April
Page 1 of 1