Grease Monkeys NZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

XS650 Carbs Rejet Anyone??

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SCARE!
Apprentice
Apprentice
SCARE!

XS650 Carbs Rejet Anyone?? Empty
PostSubject: XS650 Carbs Rejet Anyone??   XS650 Carbs Rejet Anyone?? EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 3:59 pm

Need my carbs looked at. Running lean, like a sack of shit

Needs jets up one or two, cause I put the uni pod filters on

I have jets. CBF doing myself..

Point me in the right direction.. (I contacted Andrew XS guru, waiting for him to get back to me, see what happens..?)

XS650 Carbs Rejet Anyone?? 10e3gvb
Back to top Go down
Surfer

PostSubject: Re: XS650 Carbs Rejet Anyone??   XS650 Carbs Rejet Anyone?? EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 12:58 am

Hello there, if you search out the xs650 society, they have gathered all the relevant info about anything you may wish to know about carbs. The guide is called 'xs650 garage carburetor guide'. I found it invaluable for retuning my carbs after I put velocity stacks on them.

Depending on the carbs you have you may not be able to adjust the needle setting. This means you only have the main jet and pilot jet to play with. It is a matter of trial and error. If your bike backfires you are running way too lean. Start by going up one or even two jet sizes on the mains. You will also need to synchronize your carbs, and make sure the timing is correct before you start.

Get the guide, it will walk you through everything you need to do.

Enjoy

Simon
Back to top Go down
SCARE!
Apprentice
Apprentice
SCARE!

PostSubject: Re: XS650 Carbs Rejet Anyone??   XS650 Carbs Rejet Anyone?? EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 11:16 am

Yeah I have that guide already..
The whole re-vacuum thing thru me off.. I just don't get it..
Running BS38s I think..
I've been fiddlin anyway, and its running better now, even with the standard jets..
See how I go.. Andrew is going to have a look when he gets back from down the line..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XS650 Carbs Rejet Anyone??   XS650 Carbs Rejet Anyone?? Empty

Back to top Go down

XS650 Carbs Rejet Anyone??
Page 1 of 1