Grease Monkeys NZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

the silence.

Go down 
+2
milk bar cowboy
bob51
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bob51
Mechanic
Mechanic
bob51

the silence. Empty
PostSubject: the silence.   the silence. EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 4:17 pm

The silence on this forum is deafening at the mo, guys. Is there nothing happening, or is everyone too busy on their builds to post ??.
cheers 
Back to top Go down
milk bar cowboy
Mechanic
Mechanic

the silence. Empty
PostSubject: Re: the silence.   the silence. EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 3:25 pm

I reckon. Everyone must be busy in the shed. I've been working on getting the Indian ready for sale and the iron head ready for summer , (for the third year in a row, - though I do console myself that my progress is faster than most of Irish's projects) as well as keeping the others on the road, while at the same time , keeping the family happy with family time etc.
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

the silence. Empty
PostSubject: Re: the silence.   the silence. EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 8:38 am

To be fair I have reworked the Twincam twice in the last 6 months and pulled the Triumph Scrambler into a million pieces but not much else. I re-discovered drinking and have been having a good go at that. drunken 
Fair point on the lack of content over the last year. Seems to go in bursts. We'll have to come up with something to get people interested again.
Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
http://www.greasemonkeys.co.nz
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

the silence. Empty
PostSubject: Re: the silence.   the silence. EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 10:00 am

Irishjon wrote:

Any ideas?
Yes you need a really skilled troll. They always break the silence.
Back to top Go down
http://bobbers-r-us.weebly.com/
milk bar cowboy
Mechanic
Mechanic

the silence. Empty
PostSubject: Re: the silence.   the silence. EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 7:58 pm

What about an Auckland get together , ride or both?
Back to top Go down
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

the silence. Empty
PostSubject: Re: the silence.   the silence. EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 10:30 pm

I've just been flat out had no garage work then boom to much and same as you irish just got my twincam back together and just spent 5 days down sth ,need to get woody on to to my shovel frame so I can get the genny pan motor and springer onto it and mock it up,hell I was talking to a friend the other day and he was saying that as we get older we don't seem to have as much time as we did when we where younger and had to agree.
Back to top Go down
bob51
Mechanic
Mechanic
bob51

the silence. Empty
PostSubject: Re: the silence.   the silence. EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 10:51 pm

Hey pan, should we put out a warning about these twin cams. Seems every bugger thats got one spends all winter doing rebuilds so he can play gently with it for the summer??Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

the silence. Empty
PostSubject: Re: the silence.   the silence. EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 11:02 pm

owned it for 14 years done 175,000.00 kms 3rd crank welded the pin on this one,lucky my mate rick owns it or my ex missus would want half of it like everything else I own lol.
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

the silence. Empty
PostSubject: Re: the silence.   the silence. EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 8:35 am

I've had mine for 12 years. Nice to have one that actually runs all year Very Happy 
I think you're right Pete. We need to get together for some rides but it needs to be at least Auckland and Wellington.
Brett. You can be chief Troll.
Back to top Go down
milk bar cowboy
Mechanic
Mechanic

the silence. Empty
PostSubject: Re: the silence.   the silence. EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 10:03 pm

Pan/Shovel is right, the older you get, the less time you have.
Old and custom bikes are great, but newer ones are great too. Push the button and go. My 03 Twinkie, which I've had from new and has been across the states twice and spent a year in a 40 degree sandpit, just got a warm cam, some later model heads, lifters and adjustable push rods and pulls like a bus load of Grammar boys, all day everyday, unlike some other inhabitants of my garage. If you are lucky enough to have more than one bike, having one that goes when you want it to is great, because when you get a rare chance to ride its nice if it starts. Building is fun, but riding is better. God knows I spent enough time pushing old bikes when I was young.
What were you thinking Irish?
Back to top Go down
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

the silence. Empty
PostSubject: Re: the silence.   the silence. EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 10:44 pm

My daily rider 09 xr1200 has just clicked over 75000.00kms but still love my shovel lol.
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

the silence. Empty
PostSubject: Re: the silence.   the silence. EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:26 pm

Probably something that moved round a few different places in town rather than a big ride out thropugh the country. That would suit everybody who wasn't confident that their bikes would keep going and it would also let all the ordinary punters see some cool bikes. Something like the Distinguised Gentleman's Ride did.
Town's always a problem for the bikes that aren't quite legal but I'm sure we can work round that.
Back to top Go down
milk bar cowboy
Mechanic
Mechanic

the silence. Empty
PostSubject: Re: the silence.   the silence. EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 6:21 pm

For Auckland maybe a ride along the waterfront and then finish at a pub or similar with an informal show. No reason the boys down the line couldn't do the same thing on the same day.

On another matter, Luke who puts together Head Full Of Snakes is in Auckland this Saturday playing at the Lucha lounge with his band. And The Members ( sound of the suburbs) are playing with Rat scabies (the Damned) at the Kings Arms as well. May be a musical night out to start with?
Back to top Go down
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

the silence. Empty
PostSubject: Re: the silence.   the silence. EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 10:09 am

PAN/SHOVEL wrote:
I've just been flat out had no garage work then boom to much and same as you irish just got my twincam back together and just spent 5 days down sth ,need to get woody on to to my shovel frame so I can get the genny pan motor and springer onto it and mock it up,hell I was talking to a friend the other day and he was saying  that as we get older we don't seem to have as much time as we did when we where younger and had to agree.
Great bring the Trany / Trany mount plate / Rear hub assy including brake / rear Axel and spacers. That should about do it, Oh yeah and a big sack off CASH Laughing Wink

I've been to busy ridding / working / drinking to be writing storeys. Nice to see a bit of Sun again though.

Keen as to go for a blast over to the Gladdy or something just name a day.
Back to top Go down
http://ftw-nz.blogspot.co.nz/
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

the silence. Empty
PostSubject: Re: the silence.   the silence. EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 8:55 am

I'll have a think and try and organise something for early December. We never manage to get people together as a last minute thing.
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

the silence. Empty
PostSubject: Re: the silence.   the silence. EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 8:38 am

There's another offshoot of the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride this Sunday leaving Coyle Park in Point Chev at 10am. That last one was good craic so I'll be there on Sunday if anyone else fancies a run. The DGR guys ride in suits or some cool old clothes just to be a bit different. Have a look on You Tube for vids of the 2013 rides around the world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

the silence. Empty
PostSubject: Re: the silence.   the silence. Empty

Back to top Go down

the silence.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Grease Monkeys NZ :: General Discussions-
Jump to: