Grease Monkeys NZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Clean Fender with side mount light etc

Go down 
+4
jon61
kershaw
Woody
brett7777
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

Clean Fender with side mount light etc Empty
PostSubject: Clean Fender with side mount light etc   Clean Fender with side mount light etc EmptySat May 29, 2010 9:47 pm

Just scored this off a nice gent on the north shore
Gonna take my other fender off & have this as a 2nd one. this is gonna be 'clean' - no light or plate on it etc. Gonna use one of my side mount plate brackets that incorporates the model a light. Been selling these for a quite a while now and thought it's about time I put one on my bike !
The really funny thing is that my bike still wont be a 'bobber' because Im not going to cut the fender down haha! who cares! do your bike how you like it! Amen ! Im just gonna make it clean and have the side mount light. I will still have the old setup as an alternate if i want it.
Gonna stick some of my little mini indicators on there too
Clean Fender with side mount light etc Fender10
Clean Fender with side mount light etc Side_m10
Clean Fender with side mount light etc Xlnt210
Clean Fender with side mount light etc Indica10

Last edited by brett7777 on Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://bobbers-r-us.weebly.com/
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

PostSubject: Re: Clean Fender with side mount light etc   Clean Fender with side mount light etc EmptySat May 29, 2010 11:58 pm

That's the look alright Brett, I spun my one around so the fronts now the back and viceversa. That mounting boss for the tail light on the fender is a prick of a thing to delete. Should give the bike a nice clean look for sure. Post up some more pics when you get it mocked up dude.
Back to top Go down
http://ftw-nz.blogspot.co.nz/
kershaw
Mechanic
Mechanic
kershaw

PostSubject: Re: Clean Fender with side mount light etc   Clean Fender with side mount light etc EmptySun May 30, 2010 12:07 pm

isnt it for sale on trade me?

why bother?
Back to top Go down
jon61
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
jon61

PostSubject: Re: Clean Fender with side mount light etc   Clean Fender with side mount light etc EmptySun May 30, 2010 3:48 pm

yeah, after makin my mods, i recon what jon said, spinn it around, be easier to clean up.. its abig as bad hole there...

post up progress pics, would nt mind seeing what ur doing..

pirat
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: Clean Fender with side mount light etc   Clean Fender with side mount light etc EmptySun May 30, 2010 8:41 pm

kershaw wrote:
isnt it for sale on trade me?

No, Im gonna let that ad run out, I think it runs out in a few days. It was from an older ad where the bike sold in only one day & I didnt want to waste the ad space so chucked the sporty on there for a while just as a way for parts buyers to get my contact details (sneaky,sneaky).
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: Clean Fender with side mount light etc   Clean Fender with side mount light etc EmptySun May 30, 2010 8:44 pm

yeah I'll have a look at reversing it, interesting idea. I have a mate who is a metalworker, just up the road, so if I want to chop out the taillight wedge & weld something in he'll do it for me. Then I'll stop up the seat mount holes etc, tidy it up & paint it. Will decide when I have more of a look at it.
Back to top Go down
kershaw
Mechanic
Mechanic
kershaw

PostSubject: Re: Clean Fender with side mount light etc   Clean Fender with side mount light etc EmptySun May 30, 2010 9:00 pm

are you still sellingit?

keep it if ya can mate, what are you doing with the old fender?
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: Clean Fender with side mount light etc   Clean Fender with side mount light etc EmptySun May 30, 2010 9:07 pm

kershaw wrote:
are you still sellingit?

keep it if ya can mate, what are you doing with the old fender?

no not sellin it
keepin the old fender so i can swap back & forth if i need to
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: Clean Fender with side mount light etc   Clean Fender with side mount light etc EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:18 pm

Woody wrote:
That's the look alright Brett, I spun my one around so the fronts now the back and viceversa. That mounting boss for the tail light on the fender is a prick of a thing to delete. Should give the bike a nice clean look for sure. Post up some more pics when you get it mocked up dude.

Yeah Woody you're right about that taillight part being a mission to delete. It has those bits on the side that poke outta the curved line of the fender. I can see why people reverse them or chop them - much easier. But I want the fender to go right back - Im looking for a more retro sort of look rather than just a bobber & i want the fender to extend back round the tyre more. Not as much as a taildragger but just a sort of stock retro look, but with a clean fender with no lite or plate on it. This fender is good cause it's a couple of inches longer than my stock 03 one.
My metalworker friend from up in Massey has taken it away & says he will work something out for it. He's doing a mk1 zephyr at the moment that is gonna come out mint - he's another one of those perfectionists. It'll be very stock looking with venetians in the back window etc, although the motor & suspension will be hopped up somewhat. Maybe a bit of a 'sleeper'.
I like sleepers. Me ol man's toyota soarer's a bit like that. It's a family toy that we like to hoon around in. That v8 has quite a bit of grunt but the car looks really plain. Gives the boy racers a run for their money - none have beat me so far hehe
We're thinkin of takin it to the drags one day & give it a go for a bit of fun, maybe 15secs, who knows?
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: Clean Fender with side mount light etc   Clean Fender with side mount light etc EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 12:42 pm

your thoughts invited
when i put it down on the axle it looked majorly hidden away, I like it down there but dunno whether it might make cops curious? it's not a closet queen, gets ridden, & is somewhat debaffled so dont wanna attract unwanted attention.
so i had a look at mounting it on the fender strut.
one site is at the rear and the other further forward - any suggestions, thoughts? whadda u think
(you'll have to try and imagine it without the lite & plate bracket on the fender, and with mini indicators - the other fender is away at the moment getting the treatment so havent got that here to mockup with)
would probably have to relocate the indicators if i do it this way, but that's no prob
Clean Fender with side mount light etc Tl_mu110
Clean Fender with side mount light etc Tl_mu210
Clean Fender with side mount light etc Tl_mu310
Clean Fender with side mount light etc Tl_mu410
Back to top Go down
jon61
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
jon61

PostSubject: Re: Clean Fender with side mount light etc   Clean Fender with side mount light etc EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 3:29 pm

If you’re not going to be putting it down on the axle, which I would without a problem, there are a huge number of bikes doing this now; I would put it back as far as I could, otherwise why clean up the guard...

But you probably be got for obstructing the plate or indicator before Mr Plod worries about it being on your axle....

this one...if not axle
Clean Fender with side mount light etc Changes

Cool
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: Clean Fender with side mount light etc   Clean Fender with side mount light etc EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 5:16 pm

down to the axle it goes.
hey Jon thanx for blanking out the axle, can u do something with this pic, gives me more of an idea while i wait for the fender
its got a mini indicator on there as well, do u recognize those ones? (hey did u paint yours black or buy it that way?)
if too busy then dont worry
Clean Fender with side mount light etc Tl_mu510
Back to top Go down
jon61
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
jon61

PostSubject: Re: Clean Fender with side mount light etc   Clean Fender with side mount light etc EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:20 pm

Clean Fender with side mount light etc Brett

Paint, i'm no xpert jocolor
Back to top Go down
jon61
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
jon61

PostSubject: Re: Clean Fender with side mount light etc   Clean Fender with side mount light etc EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:26 pm

Oh.. and by the way, yep mine were black.. posh , no thats the name.. yeah, the brand not the style... alien

Cool
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: Clean Fender with side mount light etc   Clean Fender with side mount light etc EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 10:41 pm

jon61 wrote:
Oh.. and by the way, yep mine were black.. posh , no thats the name.. yeah, the brand not the style... alien

Cool

hey thanks mate. gives me a good clue of what'll look like
yeah i cant get those turn signals in black, only in chrome.
posh turn signals - is that the brand I saw in Deus' catalogue? or somewhere else - Lick's cycles? sorry the interrogation, just interested to know
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: Clean Fender with side mount light etc   Clean Fender with side mount light etc EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 7:52 pm

it's back
Clean Fender with side mount light etc Fender11
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: Clean Fender with side mount light etc   Clean Fender with side mount light etc EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 8:26 pm

Ive been playing some more in ms paint - since jon 'painted' my fender
it's not the chop chop on the fender, but i want to be different from the chop chop bob bob with my fender
Clean Fender with side mount light etc Change10
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

PostSubject: Re: Clean Fender with side mount light etc   Clean Fender with side mount light etc EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 9:30 pm

I think it'll look cool cuase its different.
Back to top Go down
http://www.greasemonkeys.co.nz
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

PostSubject: Re: Clean Fender with side mount light etc   Clean Fender with side mount light etc EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 9:52 pm

Your mate did a nice job on that fender Brett.
Back to top Go down
http://ftw-nz.blogspot.co.nz/
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: Clean Fender with side mount light etc   Clean Fender with side mount light etc EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 10:34 pm

Woody wrote:
Your mate did a nice job on that fender Brett.

now i owe him again & will have to find him more parts for his mk1 zeph. he needs an interior light lens. havent found one yet.
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: Clean Fender with side mount light etc   Clean Fender with side mount light etc EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 5:00 pm

gettin there. it needs another fine sand & then more clear coats.
at this time of year it's a hassle doin clear coats outside cos the the cold moist air makes them turn foggy.
i'll have to wait until it's sunny & warm (!!!)
(betta check the weather forecast for tommorow)
What a Face it's not matt black What a Face
Clean Fender with side mount light etc Fender12
Back to top Go down
jon61
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
jon61

PostSubject: Re: Clean Fender with side mount light etc   Clean Fender with side mount light etc EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 6:43 pm

Fun, hey, i thought you were sposed to be doing your Mrs Kitchen!? lol!

Cool
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: Clean Fender with side mount light etc   Clean Fender with side mount light etc EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 7:22 pm

jon61 wrote:
Fun, hey, i thought you were sposed to be doing your Mrs Kitchen!? lol!

Cool

hehe. yeah i managed to escape lookin at kitchens today.
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: Clean Fender with side mount light etc   Clean Fender with side mount light etc EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 7:39 pm

got it mocked up today.
using the 2nd hand wiring harness with the deutsch plug to wire to, so i can plug and unplug it if i wanna. got the wire tester & figured out what wire lights up what & marked them.
gotta do the wiring next, but have to wait till Sun or Mon now.
i have to admit it looked real good with no back guard! makes me wonder bout a bobber style swingarm mounted fender that could hug the tyre & move with the swingarm.
Clean Fender with side mount light etc New_fe10
Clean Fender with side mount light etc New_fe11
Back to top Go down
mike
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
mike

PostSubject: Re: Clean Fender with side mount light etc   Clean Fender with side mount light etc EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 8:35 pm

that looks heaps better and not to over the top
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clean Fender with side mount light etc   Clean Fender with side mount light etc Empty

Back to top Go down

Clean Fender with side mount light etc
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next