Grease Monkeys NZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Upholsterer in Aklnd

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Coops
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Coops

Upholsterer in Aklnd Empty
PostSubject: Upholsterer in Aklnd   Upholsterer in Aklnd EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 6:36 pm

Hi all.. are there any automotive upholsterers out there in Auckland that want to do a cashy? I have a café racer style rear tail cowling and seat unit  and need a seat made for it, I could make something myself but I am not an upholsterer and don't want it to look home made. Need to start from scratch, foam then sew the leather over and all that jazz. Cheers.  

Upholsterer in Aklnd E0fcd6477d18b7d986e93db34dac0acc

Last edited by Coops on Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Coops
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Coops

PostSubject: Re: Upholsterer in Aklnd   Upholsterer in Aklnd EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 7:48 pm

Further to above, not shown in the picture .. this unit has a thin fibreglass piece that bolts to the seat base using the holes you can see... come on peeps, money is ready and waiting Laughing
Back to top Go down
Coops
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Coops

PostSubject: Re: Upholsterer in Aklnd   Upholsterer in Aklnd EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 5:42 pm

WOW what a response (zero), ended up taking it to Super Trim upholsters on the North Shore… if anyone is interested I can advise on how it comes out? Someone may want / need a seat made like I did and be looking for a recommendation.
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: Upholsterer in Aklnd   Upholsterer in Aklnd EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 7:55 pm

Sorry just saw this now, there's an excellent and cheap backyard (but trade qualified) guy in West harbour that did the cafe seat on my enfield racer, it's Ben's Dad, his name is Brett (good name)
416 6144
021 111 2646
Westgate Auto Upholstery
Back to top Go down
http://bobbers-r-us.weebly.com/
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

PostSubject: Re: Upholsterer in Aklnd   Upholsterer in Aklnd EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 2:08 pm

Hey Coops
Can you let us know how it ends up? I have a couple of fibre glass seats that need covered.
Cheers
Irish
Back to top Go down
http://www.greasemonkeys.co.nz
Coops
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Coops

PostSubject: Re: Upholsterer in Aklnd   Upholsterer in Aklnd EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 7:58 pm

Hi Irish... I picked up the seat today,it is ok, I wouldn't say a perfect job but a pass... wouldI uuse them again? Yes I would but I would make sure to stipulate exactly what I want and the finish required.
Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: Upholsterer in Aklnd   Upholsterer in Aklnd EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 4:12 pm

Brett at Westgate is the man for this sort of work, I highly recommend him
Back to top Go down
http://bobbers-r-us.weebly.com/
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

PostSubject: Re: Upholsterer in Aklnd   Upholsterer in Aklnd EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 8:28 am

Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
jon61
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
jon61

PostSubject: Re: Upholsterer in Aklnd   Upholsterer in Aklnd EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 7:26 pm

brett7777 wrote:
Sorry just saw this now, there's an excellent and cheap backyard (but trade qualified) guy in West harbour that did the cafe seat on my enfield racer, it's Ben's Dad, his name is Brett (good name)
416 6144
021 111 2646
Westgate Auto Upholstery

He did mine, i supplied all the leather, seat pan (drilled) and rivits and it cost over 300 bucks, good job but i felt a bit ripped..

still looking for another person as i have a couple of others to do now..
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

PostSubject: Re: Upholsterer in Aklnd   Upholsterer in Aklnd EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 7:57 pm

I tried one in Kumeu a few years back and he wanted me to find the leather. You'd think they would have better contacts. I wonder how much an industrial sewing machine costs.
Back to top Go down
Coops
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Coops

PostSubject: Re: Upholsterer in Aklnd   Upholsterer in Aklnd EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 8:26 pm

Irsh, as mentioned in this thread previously.. I used Super Trim on the North Shore, by memory it cost me just over $200, and they supplied all the material too Very Happy .
Over all, I am happy with the job they did... Mark is the guy I dealt with, he seemed a reasonable guy etc…
Back to top Go down
MikeDodd
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Upholsterer in Aklnd   Upholsterer in Aklnd EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 8:06 am

Hey guys,

Sorry I may be a little late on the reply here, but I have the name of a guy out south (Drury) who did the brat-style seat recover on my bike, I had already cut the seat down and shaped the foam and he supplied the vinyl and covered it (and also bogged up a couple gaps in the back of it to give it a cleaner look from behind) for $120, he said if I wanted leather it'd be roughly another $50 or so. Overall very happy with the job, super quick turnaround and the guy is super nice as well.

His name is Peter Barnard

Hopefully that helps someone at some stage!
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

PostSubject: Re: Upholsterer in Aklnd   Upholsterer in Aklnd EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 8:26 am

That sounds a lot more like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upholsterer in Aklnd   Upholsterer in Aklnd Empty

Back to top Go down

Upholsterer in Aklnd
Page 1 of 1