Grease Monkeys NZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers

Go down 
+25
Flying dutchman
Sporty-mad
klink
SCARE!
bob51
scotty
Motnz
chop
fokpac
milk bar cowboy
The_Lone_Rider
nelsonnick
Cam
jon61
EEL
flea2008
Wilco
drakulina
brett7777
PAN/SHOVEL
mike
Woody
Irishjon
rattlecan ren
Slaytanica
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Slaytanica
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Slaytanica

Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 7:26 pm

Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:06 pm

yeah except those guys shipping tends to be a bit expensive - is it hard to remove/changeover with the existing throttle tube Shaun? cheers
Back to top Go down
http://bobbers-r-us.weebly.com/
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:58 pm

Its easy with some CRC
Back to top Go down
http://www.greasemonkeys.co.nz
Slaytanica
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Slaytanica

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 9:09 pm

yeah it depends how hard the glue is, not too bad tho.

yeah the stack was $15us and 9 bucks for shipping

Last edited by Slaytanica on Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 9:10 pm

Irishjon wrote:
Its easy with some CRC

thanx Jon I'm not unaccustomed to usin a bit o lube
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 9:31 pm

To much information Laughing
Back to top Go down
Slaytanica
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Slaytanica

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 7:13 pm

Hey Brett, those throttle tubes cost $8.90 to ship, $10.85us landed
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 12:27 am

hey this certed evo stretched wide tyre frame looks pretty good for 1800 & he says make an offer!
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Parts-for-sale/Frames/auction-318455162.htm
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 11:55 pm

Back to top Go down
drakulina
Mechanic
Mechanic
drakulina

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 6:34 pm

Back to top Go down
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 6:57 pm

I know tony and he build's nice bikes,not my cup of tea but hey if somebody is willing to pay the money,that second bike was featured in heavy duty mag last mth
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 8:43 pm

I like the first one a lot but as for the orange one, I think the time for that style of bike is over.
Back to top Go down
Wilco
Apprentice
Apprentice
Wilco

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 9:48 pm

I am shocked that anyone can think a bike like that would ever be worth money like that. As much as I hate to insult anyones hard work - and I see many hours of hard work have gone into such a machine - I believe its a shade on the f*n ridiculous. Thats the value of a small home in some places!
I dont like to see motorcycles fall the way that the hot rod scene has gone, a bunch of middle aged folk with too much money to spend on toys, a million miles away from what it used to be about, guys riding on machines they built, with what little money they had to spare. Bikes like this will kill off the custom bike scene slowly, and take it away from the average guy.

0.02c
Back to top Go down
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 10:15 pm

Wilco wrote:
I am shocked that anyone can think a bike like that would ever be worth money like that. As much as I hate to insult anyones hard work - and I see many hours of hard work have gone into such a machine - I believe its a shade on the f*n ridiculous. Thats the value of a small home in some places!
I dont like to see motorcycles fall the way that the hot rod scene has gone, a bunch of middle aged folk with too much money to spend on toys, a million miles away from what it used to be about, guys riding on machines they built, with what little money they had to spare. Bikes like this will kill off the custom bike scene slowly, and take it away from the average guy.

0.02c

Sorry Wilco but I'm calling this BULLSHIT.
Have you ever been to the Hot Rod Blowout??? Old school is still cool and will always be to some of us. It don't matter what your into be it Hot Rods or bikes. If this guy can get that sort of money from some rich dickhead I say good on him.

just my two cents worth mate.
Back to top Go down
http://ftw-nz.blogspot.co.nz/
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 8:45 am

I say good on him too, main thing is he's building bikes. Some are backyarders, some are OCC, some are in between, that's the way the world is.
Personally, if you were spending that sorta $ as a long term 'investment', I would recommend Vincent/Velocette/Old Indians.
But of course someone might want one of those bikes & be happy spending 90K, and if so, well who cares? You spend your money on what you want.
Back to top Go down
Wilco
Apprentice
Apprentice
Wilco

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 11:11 am

Fair enough I understand where you guys are coming from, I just cant see how he justifies that kind of price tag. $4500 for a frame? $2500 for a gas tank? Seriously?
For sure old school is still cool! I wasnt referring to any particular style, I was talking about economics. I guess its complicated, Im no business expert, but it leads to an increase of cost for the rest of us who want to pay for motorcycles, parts and services. It is already becoming unaffordable for a lot of people, and $50k-$90k bikes will only make it worse.
No one else agree?
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 2:23 pm

I think the market for those bikes is so small that it shouldn't affect the rest of us that much. Those fat tyred bikes in Blenhiem have been on Trademe for an awful long time with no interest. If you wanted to run a business selling only that sort of bike you would have to have a second job. I still think there is a market for cheaper custom built bikes. If there isn't then we sould try and make one.
Back to top Go down
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 4:28 pm

Okay I know tony and he built the frame ,tank ,guards and probably a million other bits as well,as we alll no there are people out there with no skill's to build something like this but they have an idea what they like and pay someone to come up with there vision as for $4500.00 for a frame ask woody or mike who are building there own frames I bet they will say they have more than $4500.00 in labour alone and the stress it has caused them look at woody it's turned him gray and he's only 26 lol.
Back to top Go down
mike
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
mike

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 5:12 pm

PAN/SHOVEL wrote:
Okay I know tony and he built the frame ,tank ,guards and probably a million other bits as well,as we alll no there are people out there with no skill's to build something like this but they have an idea what they like and pay someone to come up with there vision as for $4500.00 for a frame ask woody or mike who are building there own frames I bet they will say they have more than $4500.00 in labour alone and the stress it has caused them look at woody it's turned him gray and he's only 26 lol.
ha ha good call Razz
Back to top Go down
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 6:30 pm

PAN/SHOVEL wrote:

That's bullshit too, I'm only 21 and I live for this shit (it's my wife that made my hair go grey honest) Laughing pirat
Back to top Go down
http://ftw-nz.blogspot.co.nz/
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 7:21 pm

Ooop's sorry man I thought you were older,my bad lol
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 9:19 pm

I see where Wilco is comin from in terms of the price. 90k is up there & if it was wasn't we wouldn't be discussing it.
But the way I see it is this: if you build or customize or restore a bike, & sell it, yours will look like a great deal compared to the high end stuff. So I think the high end stuff helps us all.
Back to top Go down
Slaytanica
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Slaytanica

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 9:20 pm

[quote="WoodyThat's bullshit too, I'm only 21 and I live for this shit (it's my wife that made my hair go grey honest) Laughing pirat [/quote]

thats what i tell my wife too ha ha
Back to top Go down
Wilco
Apprentice
Apprentice
Wilco

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 11:05 pm

Irishjon wrote:
I think the market for those bikes is so small that it shouldn't affect the rest of us that much. Those fat tyred bikes in Blenhiem have been on Trademe for an awful long time with no interest. If you wanted to run a business selling only that sort of bike you would have to have a second job. I still think there is a market for cheaper custom built bikes. If there isn't then we sould try and make one.

I see your point Jon, and Id like to believe it wont effect everyone else, but with a customer base as small as the one we have in NZ, it only takes a handful of people to buy at inflated prices to drive the market up. But you're probably right, I may just being paranoid. Although, someone must be buying these things, or they wouldnt be built-for-sale in the first place?
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 9:14 am

Wilco wrote:
Irishjon wrote:

I see your point Jon, and Id like to believe it wont effect everyone else, but with a customer base as small as the one we have in NZ, it only takes a handful of people to buy at inflated prices to drive the market up. But you're probably right, I may just being paranoid. Although, someone must be buying these things, or they wouldnt be built-for-sale in the first place?

A lot of the expensive exotic imported choppers with fat tyres seem to have been sitting on Trademe for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next