Grease Monkeys NZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Max from Christchurch

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
V11 Max

V11 Max

Max from Christchurch Empty
PostSubject: Max from Christchurch   Max from Christchurch EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 3:28 pm

Hi team - I've been riding since I was a teenager, mostly Japa's but the last twenty years has seen my taste change to Beemers and Guzzis. My current ride is a V11 Sport which I have just finished reassembling after tangling with a B-Train. Bikes generally don't fair too well when they take on a truck, usually ending up in a wreckers yard but my machine was lucky in that it only suffered a lot of cosmetic damage. The insurance company wanted to write it off because of the cost of genuine parts but we came to an arrangement where they paid me out in cash and I kept the bike and fixed it myself. I removed everything that was damaged or I felt the bike didn't need as I decided I was going to go for a minimalist look. 9 months later and having sourced parts from all over the planet it is rego'd, wof'd and back on the road. Hopefully there won't be any repeat incidents.

Cool
Back to top Go down
Coops
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Coops

PostSubject: Re: Max from Christchurch   Max from Christchurch EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 8:00 am

Welcome Max 

Glad to hear a story with a happy ending, quite right... these type of stories usually end a lot differently.

I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering what the end result looks like, feel free to post some pictures either here or on the Facebook page... 

Cheers 

Coops
Back to top Go down
V11 Max

V11 Max

PostSubject: Re: Max from Christchurch   Max from Christchurch EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 6:15 pm

I have posted some photos in the 'Project Files' section
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Max from Christchurch   Max from Christchurch Empty

Back to top Go down

Max from Christchurch
Page 1 of 1