Hey guys, the minutes from October's meeting (Sunday the 11th) are as below. If you have any queries or would like anything added to next month's agenda please don't hesitate to get in touch!
Grease Monkey’s Monthly Meeting Minutes:Points Discussed:
• The main topic of discussion of the meeting was the introduction of the organizational committee for the club which is aimed at spreading the workload of running the club and organizing events across a number of people rather than loading up one person. All at the meeting agreed that this was a good way forward for the club. The committee is as follows
o Chairman – Irish Jon
o Vice Chairman – Steve Fox
o Treasurer – Tim Cooper
o Secretary – Mike Dodd
Again, as Tim has already said in his previous announcements, the introduction of the committee isn’t to formalize the club per say, it will remain a relaxed club but with extra people helping in the organization we should be able to have more events/rides etc. without relying on only one or 2 people.
• The club show was discussed, at the moment this is penciled in for some time in February (solid date yet to be decided on). The show will be a one day event at Jon’s workshop (Salt Lake Cycles).
• Auckland Crew run and campout down to meet up with the WaiBOP crew (Waikato and Bay Of Plenty), has been penciled in to coincide with the Paeroa street races, which is a nice midway point between the two crews and should be a fun weekend for all! Details of this will be confirmed in the coming months.
• The latest batch of Grease Monkey patches are in – hot off the embroidery machines and are looking sharp! Price is $15 each, don’t sleep on these this time round – contact Tim Cooper (Coops) to snatch one up before they disappear again!
• It was decided as a club to sell the patches at a (very small) profit, all of which will go into the club account to help cover some of the costs that will be associated with the club show in February.
• It seems that the inaugural Dinner Dash was generally well received with a good time had by all who came along. So we’ll be doing it all over again in a couple of weeks or so!! Stay tuned for details over the coming week ……Action Items:
• Andrew Munroe is going to see about screen printing Grease Monkeys shirts from a contact he has. He will get in touch with them and will let Irish Jon or Tim Cooper know how he gets on.
• I’m going to be putting an agenda together for the next meeting to help make it a bit easier to run meetings and get through things quickly. So if you have anything that you would like added to the agenda for the next meeting feel free to contact me on Facebook via messenger or shoot me an email -> firstname.lastname@example.org
See you all at the next meeting!!