Grease Monkeys NZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Heat wraping pipes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jonsoon69
Apprentice
Apprentice
Jonsoon69

Heat wraping pipes Empty
PostSubject: Heat wraping pipes   Heat wraping pipes EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 9:24 pm

Anyone got any tips or secrets on the art of heat wrapping pipes?
Back to top Go down
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

Heat wraping pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heat wraping pipes   Heat wraping pipes EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 9:52 pm

okay this is what I do,it pays to have a bucket of water to dampen the tape don't soak it and I nomally start at the head end of the pipe overlap the tape about 1-1/2 time and work your way down keeping it reasonably tight once you have done about 6 revolutions I normally put a hose clip at the start to stop it unravelling and have a good pair of scissors to cut the btm end as the stuff will fray you will get the guts of it after the first pipe and checked my clutch cables and have nothing as long as u want.
Back to top Go down
west end rotangs
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
west end rotangs

Heat wraping pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heat wraping pipes   Heat wraping pipes EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 10:13 pm

i personally soak them

i have the length sitting in a bucket, and just wrap it as i go super super tight, stretch the hell out of it, the key is to keep every little bit TIGHT.
haha i remember my first time with heat wrap, putting it on dry straight outta the packet, its not the shit you wanna have on your hands gettin in ya skin!
Back to top Go down
http://elboneshaker.co.nz
Sponsored content

Heat wraping pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heat wraping pipes   Heat wraping pipes Empty

Back to top Go down

Heat wraping pipes
Page 1 of 1