Grease Monkeys NZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bike Show ????????

Go down 
+7
57 rider
brett7777
jon61
Irishjon
Slaytanica
PAN/SHOVEL
Woody
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

Bike Show ???????? Empty
PostSubject: Bike Show ????????   Bike Show ???????? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 8:39 pm

Bike Show ???????? 2010
Back to top Go down
http://ftw-nz.blogspot.co.nz/
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

Bike Show ???????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Show ????????   Bike Show ???????? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 9:18 pm

Hope my bike is still going after my thrash to the burt munro and back,and if anybody is going to burt munro you will have to come to our barby + brews at the speedway saturday nite first corner ,look for us as we will be really pissed as that is what happen's when you start drinking at 8 in the morning lol.
Back to top Go down
Slaytanica
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Slaytanica

Bike Show ???????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Show ????????   Bike Show ???????? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 10:06 pm

im keen, bit of an earlier finish date than kumeu but thats what i need to get the pan done then so be it. if not ill take the sporty.
Back to top Go down
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

Bike Show ???????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Show ????????   Bike Show ???????? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 10:34 pm

Slaytanica wrote:
im keen, bit of an earlier finish date than kumeu but thats what i need to get the pan done then so be it. if not ill take the sporty.

Read the small print (No girls bikes) Bring the Pan man. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

Bike Show ???????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Show ????????   Bike Show ???????? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 10:55 pm

Booked.
Back to top Go down
http://www.greasemonkeys.co.nz
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

Bike Show ???????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Show ????????   Bike Show ???????? EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 9:09 am

Irishjon wrote:
Booked.
Sweet. Will the lovely Sara be joining you ? This time you two stay at my place for the weekend white man Laughing That way we will have more time to take in the sights (read take in the projects) Hell we might even schedule a meeting for yous so you can meet the rest of the crew. affraid
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

Bike Show ???????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Show ????????   Bike Show ???????? EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 5:08 pm

Sounds like a plan. We're both off bikes today though after wasting even more time trying to get Sara's 04 Sporty running. Still only trying to run on one. Swapped plugs and checked all the connections. Battery seems a bit weak but it was turning over fine. Crappy weak spark. Now all that expensive paint is starting to chip off. May have to burn the garage down and claim the insurance. Shocked
Back to top Go down
jon61
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
jon61

Bike Show ???????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Show ????????   Bike Show ???????? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 9:17 am

Woody wrote:
Slaytanica wrote:
if not ill take the sporty.

Sporty's Ain't no Girls BIKE! Bike Show ???????? Icon_evil Bike Show ???????? Icon_evil Bike Show ???????? Icon_evil Bike Show ???????? Icon_evil Bike Show ???????? Icon_evil

Bike Show ???????? Icon_eek
Back to top Go down
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

Bike Show ???????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Show ????????   Bike Show ???????? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:38 am

jon61 wrote:
Woody wrote:
Slaytanica wrote:

Sporty's Ain't no Girls BIKE! Bike Show ???????? Icon_evil Bike Show ???????? Icon_evil Bike Show ???????? Icon_evil Bike Show ???????? Icon_evil Bike Show ???????? Icon_evil

GOT YA. Laughing Wink Bike Show ???????? 9913

Last edited by Woody on Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

Bike Show ???????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Show ????????   Bike Show ???????? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:56 am

Irishjon wrote:
Sounds like a plan. We're both off bikes today though after wasting even more time trying to get Sara's 04 Sporty running. Still only trying to run on one. Swapped plugs and checked all the connections. Battery seems a bit weak but it was turning over fine. Crappy weak spark. Now all that expensive paint is starting to chip off. May have to burn the garage down and claim the insurance. Shocked

hey Jon Im no expert but when my battery still had enough to turn the bike over, but was half stuffed, my Sporty ran on one cylinder until I put the jumper leads from a car on to crank up the amps(& then put a new battery). They have 6 - 7 years life in them. Sorry not wanting to be pedantic, did u try a grunty battery on it, to see if it made any difference? I heard the golden rule with electrical probs is always start with a known good battery (sorry sorry, u know much more than me, but even the best of us might miss the obvious things?)
Back to top Go down
http://bobbers-r-us.weebly.com/
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

Bike Show ???????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Show ????????   Bike Show ???????? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:59 am

the other thing that goes on Sporties occasionally is the ignition module. But I think that 04's a bit young for that.
Back to top Go down
Slaytanica
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Slaytanica

Bike Show ???????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Show ????????   Bike Show ???????? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 11:15 am

Woody wrote:
jon61 wrote:
Woody wrote:
Slaytanica wrote:

GOT YA. Laughing Wink

Jon mate, i cant beleive you went for it, i knew he was looking for a fish but i didnt go for the bait Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

Bike Show ???????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Show ????????   Bike Show ???????? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 2:04 pm

[/quote]

hey Jon Im no expert but when my battery still had enough to turn the bike over, but was half stuffed, my Sporty ran on one cylinder until I put the jumper leads from a car on to crank up the amps(& then put a new battery). They have 6 - 7 years life in them. Sorry not wanting to be pedantic, did u try a grunty battery on it, to see if it made any difference? I heard the golden rule with electrical probs is always start with a known good battery (sorry sorry, u know much more than me, but even the best of us might miss the obvious things?)[/quote]

We decided to get a new battery and give that a go. We also decided that we didn't want to give the dealership any more money so the trade in against the Triumph is off. Sara has swapped the Sporty for my W650 so I am going to tear the Sporty apart and build a flat tracker (very long range project).
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

Bike Show ???????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Show ????????   Bike Show ???????? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 2:40 pm

Flat tracker sounz good
Back to top Go down
jon61
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
jon61

Bike Show ???????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Show ????????   Bike Show ???????? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 2:44 pm

Slaytanica wrote:
Woody wrote:
GOT YA. Laughing Wink

Jon mate, i cant beleive you went for it, i knew he was looking for a fish but i didnt go for the bait Very Happy Very Happy

Yeah.... i know.. as soon as i pushed "Send" i knew i was toast.. bit slow today i was... Bike Show ???????? Icon_albino Bike Show ???????? Icon_albino Bike Show ???????? Icon_albino but i just had too Bike Show ???????? Icon_eek

Congrats Sara on getting a cool W650 (bet that was a plan from the start, knowing chicks) she can put the thingee back on the sporty now....you watch it will go now... Bike Show ???????? Icon_queen

Bike Show ???????? Icon_cool

Bike Show ???????? Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
57 rider
Apprentice
Apprentice

Bike Show ???????? Empty
PostSubject: Bike show   Bike Show ???????? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 12:03 pm

After meeting Shaun and Paul in Palmy I def want 2 go down to this show! BTW thanx Shaun 4 invite ur ways! Someone keep me posted pleeeeez, can be 4getful wen u only got BOBBER on ur mind! study study study
Back to top Go down
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

Bike Show ???????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Show ????????   Bike Show ???????? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 6:32 pm

57 rider wrote:
After meeting Shaun and Paul in Palmy I def want 2 go down to this show! BTW thanx Shaun 4 invite ur ways! Someone keep me posted pleeeeez, can be 4getful wen u only got BOBBER on ur mind! study study study

Pm me your addy 57, And I'll send you a poster dude.
Back to top Go down
Slaytanica
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Slaytanica

Bike Show ???????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Show ????????   Bike Show ???????? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 7:55 pm

Woody wrote:
57 rider wrote:

hey i want a poster too! (no emoticon for spoilt kid jumping up and down)
Back to top Go down
mike
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
mike

Bike Show ???????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Show ????????   Bike Show ???????? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 8:47 pm

na na na na na i got one ha ha ha ha

dam we do need a spoilt kit emotion
Back to top Go down
57 rider
Apprentice
Apprentice

Bike Show ???????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Show ????????   Bike Show ???????? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 11:20 pm

Woody wrote:
57 rider wrote:

I dig this place!! And Woody rocks! Very Happy
BTW this looks like spoilt brat - Mad
Back to top Go down
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

Bike Show ???????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Show ????????   Bike Show ???????? EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 5:52 am

Hey Irish I'll send you a bunch of posters too, For all the Auckland crew. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

Bike Show ???????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Show ????????   Bike Show ???????? EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:18 am

Thanks Woody. What the hell are you doing up and online before 6am? Shocked
Back to top Go down
jon61
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
jon61

Bike Show ???????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Show ????????   Bike Show ???????? EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 6:20 pm

he's getting adicted to computers...

he's not working on his bike...

Mrs kicked him outa bed...

he just got home...

hungry...

No
Back to top Go down
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

Bike Show ???????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Show ????????   Bike Show ???????? EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 7:31 pm

Irishjon wrote:
Thanks Woody. What the hell are you doing up and online before 6am? Shocked

Sleep is deaths best friend Jon. I'll sleep plenty when I'm dead bud. Wink
Back to top Go down
jon61
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
jon61

Bike Show ???????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Show ????????   Bike Show ???????? EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 11:31 pm

Woody wrote:
Sleep is deaths best friend Jon. I'll sleep plenty when I'm dead bud. Wink

yeah, i heard that more people die in their sleep and hospitals than anywhere else...

so best avoid both those then!

Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bike Show ???????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Show ????????   Bike Show ???????? Empty

Back to top Go down

Bike Show ????????
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next