Grease Monkeys NZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favourite riding season

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

Favourite riding season Empty
PostSubject: Favourite riding season   Favourite riding season EmptyTue May 04, 2010 8:18 pm

This is my favourite time of the year for riding. Now and spring. Summer is too hot! Just went for a scoot round the local streets tonight - temperature is perfect - nice and cool.
Anyone else like that?
Even in winter I quite like it on the fine days - I'd rather wrap up than be too hot.
I guess a lotta people think summer is rding season. Maybe Im just different?
Back to top Go down
http://bobbers-r-us.weebly.com/
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

PostSubject: Re: Favourite riding season   Favourite riding season EmptyTue May 04, 2010 8:34 pm

ride to work everyday 38k's each way rain hail or shine
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: Favourite riding season   Favourite riding season EmptyTue May 04, 2010 8:37 pm

PAN/SHOVEL wrote:
ride to work everyday 38k's each way rain hail or shine

u have trouble keepin dry when it pours? when i was daily riding i always had trouble with that. Used to end up with wet socks etc.
btw what is your daily riding machine?
Back to top Go down
http://bobbers-r-us.weebly.com/
flea2008
Mechanic
Mechanic
flea2008

PostSubject: Re: Favourite riding season   Favourite riding season EmptyWed May 05, 2010 10:14 am

my bike is my transport bro so ride everyday.and yea i luv this time of year todays an awesome one in the waikato but me bikes been in the shop for three days goin a bit stir crazy so gunna take it up to coro this weekend.the other thing about this time of year is the wanna be bikers have put there rides away for the winter so no big crowds of boulivards everywhere i go.
Back to top Go down
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

PostSubject: Re: Favourite riding season   Favourite riding season EmptyWed May 05, 2010 6:18 pm

daily ride is an 09 xr1200 done 26k in fifteen mths might fire up my dyna this weekend and take that for a ride.I normally wear riding boots to work and take dry socks and shoes to wear at work and I wear a revit jacket bloody warm or if its really shit I will plug in my electric vest and crank that up to number 7 .
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

PostSubject: Re: Favourite riding season   Favourite riding season EmptyWed May 05, 2010 7:35 pm

Back in Ireland and England I used to ride to work every day. Waterproofs were crap so I had to spend most of the day dripping (especially when I had long hair and big flares). Worst thing was riding in to work in winter and spending the first 15 minutes in the bog trying to warm up my hands. Hurt like hell. Then later on, all the cold would come back out of your bones and freeze you up again.
Best work/bike story was dropping a tester that was bungeyed onto the back of my Intruder. It cost more than my house but I wanted to ride my bike rather than take the work van. My boss was very pissed. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.greasemonkeys.co.nz
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite riding season   Favourite riding season Empty

Back to top Go down

Favourite riding season
Page 1 of 1