Grease Monkeys NZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The deep south

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
preptkiwi

The deep south Empty
PostSubject: The deep south   The deep south EmptyMon May 30, 2011 2:19 pm

Way down the bottom. Ok not way down but close enough. Gore ex Dunedin.

Been around bikes for years but cars were always my passion but I now have 3 bikes in the shed and cant be fed with the cars lol.

Have been given a 83 Kawasaki kz750 for a handshake. Moter runs fine but rest of the bike could do with some work. Handle bars are an old piece of steel of a clothes line with the holes welded up.
Seat is a bit of badly shaped and badly cut sheet metal. Front brake reservoir was held on with rubber bands and a hair tie (wtf) and rear brake handle tied on with bootlaces. Throttle twisted when turned and actually pulled right of with no effort.
It scares me to think that the chap I got this bike of used to ride it flatout all over the lower end of this country.
Had it impounded 3 times lol. 15 years since last rego.

Also have a 82 Yamaha 750 that has been choped and changed and rides well apart from the one cylinder that kicks in and out when it wants.

And last but hopefully not least a Honda vtr250 that is supost to be my licence bike. Acquired it after lending out my truck in mint condition and getting it returned in not such great order and a whole lot of drama.

Chippy by trade, 2 kids with 3rd on way, mortgage and a dog.

No harley as of yet but maybe in another 25y when the kids and mortgage release there grip from my wallets throat.

The deep south Th_side

The deep south Th_bikefromback-1

The deep south ?action=view&current=front

The deep south ?action=view&current=shaddow

The deep south Th_courtesyoftheidiotbrotherinlaw
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

The deep south Empty
PostSubject: Re: The deep south   The deep south EmptyMon May 30, 2011 11:08 pm

Welcome aboard. Look forward to seeing what you do with the projects. Plenty of people on here to help if you need anything.
Back to top Go down
http://www.greasemonkeys.co.nz

The deep south
Page 1 of 1