Grease Monkeys NZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Matt from Wellington

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JackReacher

Matt from Wellington Empty
PostSubject: Matt from Wellington   Matt from Wellington EmptySat May 24, 2014 8:41 pm

Hey folks, wanna introduce myself and my new toy. I been lurking on the forums for a wee while now,what an awesome forum you guys have.

I Recently sold my crf250, getting away from the dirt and the mud after a nasty knee injury. I now cant kick start many bikes, so I looked for something with electric start and picked up this Yamaha XV1000,

Matt from Wellington Photo11

Shes 1982 RJ model (last of the chain drive, I believe) I picked her up local and she came with a photo from her early days, (still has the same old plate!)

Matt from Wellington Img00510

Someone has done alot of work to get it where it currently is. The back of the photo says Oamaru photo shop and in the bottom of the saddle bags there is a card glued there, James Lee Designs down Christchurch so I figure these guys had something to do with it.

I'd like to chop it further or bobber maybe, but for now I'm happy just sitting back enjoying the ride. So glad I didnt buy a pocket rocket!

Love some feedback and maybe even someone knows some history about this bike?

Matt
Back to top Go down
bob51
Mechanic
Mechanic
bob51

PostSubject: Re: Matt from Wellington   Matt from Wellington EmptySat May 24, 2014 11:13 pm

Welcome Matt. Certainly a huge improvement on the factory issue. Keep posting any
alterations or additions, we're all foto junkies here.
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

PostSubject: Re: Matt from Wellington   Matt from Wellington EmptyMon May 26, 2014 8:40 am

I'd leave it like that for a while. It's got a good 'lived in' look.
Back to top Go down
http://www.greasemonkeys.co.nz
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matt from Wellington   Matt from Wellington Empty

Back to top Go down

Matt from Wellington
Page 1 of 1