Grease Monkeys NZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers

Go down 
+25
Flying dutchman
Sporty-mad
klink
SCARE!
bob51
scotty
Motnz
chop
fokpac
milk bar cowboy
The_Lone_Rider
nelsonnick
Cam
jon61
EEL
flea2008
Wilco
drakulina
brett7777
PAN/SHOVEL
mike
Woody
Irishjon
rattlecan ren
Slaytanica
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 1:40 pm

I had a look around the bikes in the Webbs auction at Deus this morning. There was a Manx Norton racer going for $95 grand. The place was full of little kids running round with iPhones. Some people seem to have a lot of money. I'm not sure I would like to be one. There were a couple of old Triumphs I would have liked. They were starting at $25 grand. I think over the years I have wasted at least $50 grand on my springer but its probably worth $10 grand now. Different strokes as they say.

Last edited by Irishjon on Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.greasemonkeys.co.nz
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 2:25 pm

Irishjon wrote:
I had a look around the bikes in the Webbs auction at Deus this morning. There was a Manx Norton racer going for $95 grand. The place was full of little kids running round with iPhones. Some people seem to have a lot of money. I'm not sure I would like to be one. There were a couple of old Triumps I would have liked. They were starting at $25 grand. I think over the years I have wasted at least $50 grand on my springer but its probably worth $10 grand now. Different strokes as they say.

Strictly as an investment, that Manx Norton would be a better way to spend 95k, than 90k on a chopper.
I should put my Indian Enfield in there for 50k, one of those iphone kids would buy it
Back to top Go down
http://bobbers-r-us.weebly.com/
flea2008
Mechanic
Mechanic
flea2008

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 6:22 pm

nothing will kill the culture bro.eva since the first back yard builder sliced up a log and discovered the wheel there have been those with different skills ideas , ambitions and obviously price tags . bro it always has been and always will be .annnnd thats why its all good.who gives a fuck about the money anyway .All i wana do is ride.
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 7:40 pm

flea2008 wrote:
nothing will kill the culture bro.eva since the first back yard builder sliced up a log and discovered the wheel there have been those with different skills ideas , ambitions and obviously price tags . bro it always has been and always will be .annnnd thats why its all good.who gives a fuck about the money anyway .All i wana do is ride.

Amen. Preach it brother. Just got back from a scoot across town & back, did me the world of good.
Back to top Go down
Slaytanica
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Slaytanica

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 8:29 pm

Back to top Go down
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:03 pm

it is cool not to sure how long those copper lines would last before they fracture,oh wait it probably doesn't get ridden so they will last, Laughing
Back to top Go down
mike
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
mike

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:12 pm

PAN/SHOVEL wrote:
it is cool not to sure how long those copper lines would last before they fracture,oh wait it probably doesn't get ridden so they will last, Laughing
hey a bit off topic but are copper lines not the go not sure a bout fuel but wot a bout oil lines no good for vibrations??
Back to top Go down
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:24 pm

copper lines are cool so long as there isolated Harley's vibrate ( a lot ) witch can cause the copper to fracture if there rigid mounted. Have a look how Doug's done his in this picture.
Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 3 Dps004
Back to top Go down
http://ftw-nz.blogspot.co.nz/
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:33 pm

I just feel it's safer with rubber on the end of the lines,when I fired it up the return line to the filter was swinging back and forwards if it was solidly mounted it would fracture and woody got those rocker boxes already at the powdercoaters but have to modify the brass nuts to fit the rocker shafts should take about a day to machine up the correct bits.
Back to top Go down
mike
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
mike

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:38 pm

yip rubber joiners defnatly make sence oil line are kind of importiant i supose
Back to top Go down
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 11:02 pm

PAN/SHOVEL wrote:
I just feel it's safer with rubber on the end of the lines,when I fired it up the return line to the filter was swinging back and forwards if it was solidly mounted it would fracture and woody got those rocker boxes already at the powdercoaters but have to modify the brass nuts to fit the rocker shafts should take about a day to machine up the correct bits.

Sweet as Doug, I'll have to get some more pic's of it. How are you getting on with the paint ?
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 11:29 pm

didnt the old 30's & 40's HD's have solid lines somewhere? oil lines? i seem to remember seeing something somewhere...
Back to top Go down
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 6:30 am

Tank and guard are at the panelbeaters and chris has the flake so he should be into it next week bounce
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 9:33 am

PAN/SHOVEL wrote:
chris has the flake so he should be into it next week

Yep I have this photo of him working with that flake right now, I would say he definitely should have it finished by next week
Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 3 Flake10
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 5:00 pm

brett7777 wrote:
ya dont see too many like this.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Classic-vintage/auction-317740913.htm

he got 10200 for that old ironhead. interesting. how hard would it be to take any old ironhead & make it look original like that? not very hard. the aftermarket reproduction parts are abundant & not badly priced. maybe with ironheads we should go the opposite way - return them to stock ???!!! if they're gonna sell for 10k a time...& that one wasn't even completely original
Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 3 Ironhe10
Back to top Go down
Slaytanica
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Slaytanica

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 6:52 pm

heres a good candidate for a hardtail, peanut tank and short exhaust

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Classic-vintage/auction-327468110.htm
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 3:52 pm

Back to top Go down
Slaytanica
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Slaytanica

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 5:23 pm

that does seem cheap
Back to top Go down
Slaytanica
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Slaytanica

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 8:43 pm

Back to top Go down
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 10:00 pm

Slaytanica wrote:
Tassels anyone?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Cruiser/auction-328335834.htm

Man that thing's got Brett's name written all over it. Laughing
Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 3 21943
Back to top Go down
mike
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
mike

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 10:07 pm

the tassels on the running boards look like they're there to sweep the gutter No
Back to top Go down
EEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
EEL

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 10:10 pm

It looks like a frickin Himalayan Yak's arse. monkey
Back to top Go down
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 10:14 pm

I'm not even going to ask HOW you know that EEL. Laughing
Back to top Go down
EEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
EEL

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 10:16 pm

Woody wrote:

Old copies of National Geographic! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
mike
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
mike

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 10:41 pm

EEL wrote:
Woody wrote:

Old copies of National Geographic! Embarassed
sure sure watever Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers   Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Trade me/Ebay deals, steals, sales of the century. or dreamers
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next