Grease Monkeys NZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wof in Tauranga

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
keithmaniac
Apprentice
Apprentice

Wof in Tauranga Empty
PostSubject: Wof in Tauranga   Wof in Tauranga EmptyTue May 05, 2015 8:38 pm

So went in for a warrant and the first thing he does is pull out the db meter . He tells me it's probably a bit loud so he wont charge me but if I go down the road to this other joker It'll probably pass as he is a bit more leniant . So down the road I go and out comes the db meter again . No good he says , it has to be max 95db at 3000rpm . I tried to argue the point that seeing there is no tacho how could he tell when it was at 3000 rpm . No it's way too loud he says so off I go with my tail pipe between my legs. So I ordered a baffle from Brett and bunged it up the pipe . Took it back today and he did not even start the bike , just saw the baffle and issued a wof. Moral of the story , buggered if I know .
Back to top Go down
Rudra
Mechanic
Mechanic
Rudra

Wof in Tauranga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wof in Tauranga   Wof in Tauranga EmptyWed May 06, 2015 7:36 am

Damn, but at least there was no charge from the 1st guy.
I've never had to start my bike here.
Back to top Go down
Coops
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Coops

Wof in Tauranga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wof in Tauranga   Wof in Tauranga EmptyWed May 06, 2015 1:44 pm

Great moral to the story, it’s amazing there can be so many variances to one set of rules and regulations… Question

Now all you have to do is pull the baffle back out and go back to the same guy for the next WOF, he’ll probably pass you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wof in Tauranga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wof in Tauranga   Wof in Tauranga Empty

Back to top Go down

Wof in Tauranga
Page 1 of 1