Grease Monkeys NZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

names Simon

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
simz440

names Simon Empty
PostSubject: names Simon   names Simon EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 11:55 am

Hey guys names Simon

Found this page while researching cafe racers and brat bikes and thought could be quite handy to learn from guys who had done builds before.  

Im 21 and live on the north shore (please don't hold that against me, only here because of uni! not your normal shore kid).  A few mates and I thought it would be a great idea to get our licences and do a massive road trip so we did.  I bought an 81' kawasaki z440 c2 and with blissful ignorance we did our roady...2300km later we got home again and Im now hooked forever.  Best part of the trip was Gentle Annes pass!  Most spectacular road.

Anyways, Ive now started pulling the old girl apart and want to build a cafe/brat.  Don't really have a budget due to being a poor uni student so will be doing as much work as i can myself.  Will start a thread on my bike and its progress and hopefully with some advice and guidance and long nights she will be done before summer!

Cheers
Simo
Back to top Go down
bob51
Mechanic
Mechanic
bob51

names Simon Empty
PostSubject: Re: names Simon   names Simon EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 7:39 pm

Welcome Simon, good to have you on board. There is plenty of info and knowledge floating around this site.
Don't forget to post photos in your build thread, cos we are all photo addicts here.

Cheers Bob Smile
Back to top Go down
septaorbis
Apprentice
Apprentice
septaorbis

names Simon Empty
PostSubject: Re: names Simon   names Simon EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 7:39 pm

welcome.
doesn't matter where you from... its all about fun simon. our monthly meetings are every second sunday of the month. (it was today by the way,- bugger,- you missed it)
regards
stefan
Grease Monkeys on Facebook!
Back to top Go down
simz440

names Simon Empty
PostSubject: Re: names Simon   names Simon EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 8:54 pm

Cheers Bob and Stephan. yes will post lots of photos. Saw the facebook page so have joined the group to keep up to date about the happenings of the group Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Coops
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Coops

names Simon Empty
PostSubject: Re: names Simon   names Simon EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 6:54 pm

Welcome aboard Simon... it doesn't matter where you're from... Stefan is German, and we like him... all that matters is you're on two wheels and want to make your bike different... 

If you have any questions, ask away... there are some very knowledgeable people amoungst us.

Photos are always welcome, we love to see what people are creating.

Look forward to catching up, if you can make it out to our monthly meeting or ride.

Coops
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

names Simon Empty
PostSubject: Re: names Simon   names Simon Empty

Back to top Go down

names Simon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Grease Monkeys NZ :: Introductions :: G'Day My name is .....-
Jump to: