Grease Monkeys NZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Donor/project wanted

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MikeDodd
Apprentice
Apprentice

Donor/project wanted Empty
PostSubject: Donor/project wanted   Donor/project wanted EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 10:19 am

Hey guys,

Anyone have (or know of) anything kicking round in a corner of a garage they want rid of? I don't have a large budget but ideally looking for something mid-size and a single cylinder would be nice. Was looking at things like the old SR400s, Honda FT or GB, CB400ss etc etc. Am looking for something smallish and light as it's main duties will be around town and lane splitting to and from work each day with enough poke for a few runs on the weekends. Not too bothered how much work is required, just as long as it's economically salvageable! The little GN is dynamite round the city but just struggles a touch keeping up with the big boys in the weekend!

Even if you have a couple models worth keeping an eye out for that might fit the bill it would be much appreciated!

Cheers
Mike
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

PostSubject: Re: Donor/project wanted   Donor/project wanted EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 10:57 am

Hi Mike. There's been a load of cheap ironheads on Trademe lately if you wanted to come over to the dark side
Back to top Go down
http://www.greasemonkeys.co.nz
MikeDodd
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Donor/project wanted   Donor/project wanted EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 3:47 pm

Haha, thanks Jon, I'll mull that one over I think, although I do really want to go for the whole cafe/brat combo look again and I think that an older japanese bike could be the go for that route. Have got a lead on a guy who may have an xs650 or 2 that he may part with, so I may have a look and see if that leads anywhere .......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Donor/project wanted   Donor/project wanted Empty

Back to top Go down

Donor/project wanted
Page 1 of 1