Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Howdy Grease Monkeys.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Smithyt

Smithyt

Howdy Grease Monkeys. Empty
PostSubject: Howdy Grease Monkeys.   Howdy Grease Monkeys. EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 3:05 pm

Hi guys, can't believe how long it's taken me to join. Aucklander.

Name is Coen, have been doing a bit of building over the last couple of years. Figured that if I was to get a motorcycle license I ought to know what the hell it is I am riding on. So purchased a rather seriously injured (as in bent frame and all) Yamaha SRV250 and nursed it back to life over a casual couple of months. Was a great project to learn a lot of things from, but wasn't really my riding style.

I now have 3 CB650 which I am planning to chop. I bought 3 to sacrifice a couple for one, but after inspection I could potentially get them all back to the road. I'm keen to get any advice and general knowledge from anyone who's keen for a bit of bike banter. Especially keen to find anyone who might know of any building space/facilities around Auckland. I have all my gear up North and would be keen to not have to travel 2hr's up just for a bit of tinkering. Perhaps hire some space?

All ears!.

THE SRV250, my first build:
Howdy Grease Monkeys. Img_1111
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coops
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Coops

PostSubject: Re: Howdy Grease Monkeys.   Howdy Grease Monkeys. EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 8:37 am

Hi Coen

Welcome aboard, the SRV looks great!, really well done.
There are some very talented guys and girls amongst us, so I imagine any questions you have should be able to be answered.

You might even find a buyer for a spare CB650.....

As for a workshop space... you've come to the right place, Irish Jon runs a workshop specifically for people in your position, and truth be told for his own enjoyment too.
This Sunday we are having a get together and work on your bike day at the Workshop, please feel free to come along and meet us and check out the Workshop.

I would recommend a P.M to IrishJon, also if you haven't already... find us on Facebook:

Grease Monkeys - Bike Builders Club

Look forward to meeting you on Sunday.

Coops
027 6300017
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smithyt

Smithyt

PostSubject: Re: Howdy Grease Monkeys.   Howdy Grease Monkeys. EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 9:12 am

Hi Coops,

Thanks for getting in touch.

The workshop sounds like a fantastic opportunity. I've had a good look around the forum and indeed also on Facebook, you can tell there sure is a talented pool of people here.

I'll pop round on Sunday and check out the workshop and meet some of the crew. Rather excited.

I have a bit of experience in the engineering field too as I spent two years working for an engineering firm in Holland, so can already find my way around more metal works gear. Next to that come with a whole lot of information about the 650's as I have interwebbed the hell out of what's out there.

Nuff said,
See you on Sunday.

Cheers,

Coen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Howdy Grease Monkeys.   Howdy Grease Monkeys. Empty

Back to top Go down

Howdy Grease Monkeys.
Page 1 of 1