Grease Monkeys NZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

couple of my "other" builds

Go down 
+2
milk bar cowboy
jon61
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jon61
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
jon61

couple of my "other" builds Empty
PostSubject: couple of my "other" builds   couple of my "other" builds EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 11:59 pm

Well, I know these aren’t the style that rocks most socks here but these are a couple of bikes I built in the past, I thought I’d just show how far I have come!

couple of my "other" builds Garadge-1

couple of my "other" builds Chop-2

couple of my "other" builds Garage-1

couple of my "other" builds Garagxzve

couple of my "other" builds Garagehg-1

couple of my "other" builds Garag6e-1

couple of my "other" builds Garag7e-1

FZR1000 stripped and chopped, fibreglass fairings and seat fitted R6 17” rear wheel and heaps of other mods, this was built to race in Pre89 post classics, it ran its first season last year.
Back to top Go down
jon61
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
jon61

PostSubject: Re: couple of my "other" builds   couple of my "other" builds EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:10 am

This is a Yamaha TR1 which is a euro version of the vx1000 chopper style we have had available here in NZ, I decided to save this and purchased it off trade me from Palmy and ended up with 2 so built one good one,
couple of my "other" builds Jonsxvtr1

couple of my "other" builds BEFOREHEADSET

couple of my "other" builds IMG_1215

couple of my "other" builds 000_0417

couple of my "other" builds 000_0392

couple of my "other" builds 000_0129

couple of my "other" builds 000_0429-1

couple of my "other" builds 000_0386

The whole build incorporated everything, I mean everything was pulled apart and rebuilt, everything!
All the switch blocks, bars instruments, front end and engine was painted with silver spray can enamel paint...
This repaint... I did with rattle cans...
Drilled the front discs, and did allot of things that would normally go un noticed...
Mate polished up all the alloy and powder coated all the black...

Got pulled up on old Albany highway on this, hitting the brakes real hard with on coming officer, hitting his lights, got me at 186Km/hr (having braked) showed me the dash.. Cost me that did (it was a while ago now)

Cool
Back to top Go down
milk bar cowboy
Mechanic
Mechanic

PostSubject: Re: couple of my "other" builds   couple of my "other" builds EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 11:11 pm

Mate way cool. Those old XV's are almost complete Vincent replicas, with imitation being the highest form of flattery. From the rear suspension to the alloy, air cooled motor being a stessed member of the frame . John who used to work at Mt Eden MCs years ago had one and it just went and went and went. Great resto.who said Harley resuerected the Softail frame? wonder what one would look like in a feather bed frame with an alloy tank? Did you ever see "Hardly- Davidson" in Back street Hereo's in the 80's?
Back to top Go down
jon61
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
jon61

PostSubject: Re: couple of my "other" builds   couple of my "other" builds EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 9:57 pm

No, didn’t se that one, yep, I know those bikes inside out and have done work on some to help others, particularly with odd stuff like forks, starters and gearboxes....

Yamaha it is said used these in Europe to go up against Ducati... and some are still being raced in their “classic” style racing and do win.. They do really move!

couple of my "other" builds Tr1race

couple of my "other" builds Tr1race1

bit of a sod really, i can't go racing anymore, i'd def build one of these given a chance...

if anyone wants one, i'd be happy to build one for you! to a budget Twisted Evil

Cool
Back to top Go down
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

PostSubject: Re: couple of my "other" builds   couple of my "other" builds EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 10:32 pm

jon61 wrote:
No, didn’t se that one, yep, I know those bikes inside out and have done work on some to help others, particularly with odd stuff like forks, starters and gearboxes....

Yamaha it is said used these in Europe to go up against Ducati... and some are still being raced in their “classic” style racing and do win.. They do really move!

bit of a sod really, i can't go racing anymore, i'd def build one of these given a chance...

if anyone wants one, i'd be happy to build one for you! to a budget Twisted Evil

Cool
Now that top one is a sexy bit of kit, Wish I had some sort of budget you could work to Jon. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://ftw-nz.blogspot.co.nz/
drakulina
Mechanic
Mechanic
drakulina

PostSubject: Re: couple of my "other" builds   couple of my "other" builds EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 1:06 am

Woody wrote:
jon61 wrote:

Cool
Now that top one is a sexy bit of kit, Wish I had some sort of budget you could work to Jon. Laughing

sexy!!! i like this one!
Back to top Go down
drakulina
Mechanic
Mechanic
drakulina

PostSubject: Re: couple of my "other" builds   couple of my "other" builds EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 1:07 am

[quote="drakulina"]
Woody wrote:
jon61 wrote:

Cool
bitching!!! i like this one!
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

PostSubject: Re: couple of my "other" builds   couple of my "other" builds EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:23 pm

Yep that Featherbed framed one is mint. I'd have that one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.greasemonkeys.co.nz
milk bar cowboy
Mechanic
Mechanic

PostSubject: Re: couple of my "other" builds   couple of my "other" builds EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 7:42 pm

Very nice. Just remembered that one of the boys in the Triumph club has done one abit like that. Will try and get some photos. Irish Jon, you coming down to the triumph club now you are back in NZ full time?Last Tuesday of the month.
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

PostSubject: Re: couple of my "other" builds   couple of my "other" builds EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 8:54 pm

No I'm on Oz and still working. Might get out of here at midnight. Back in NZ on Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
milk bar cowboy
Mechanic
Mechanic

PostSubject: Re: couple of my "other" builds   couple of my "other" builds EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:34 pm

Next Tuesday ya plonker! Be Lukes last one before he heads down to the cold island.
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

PostSubject: Re: couple of my "other" builds   couple of my "other" builds EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 9:46 am

Maybe. I'll give you a shout on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
jon61
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
jon61

PostSubject: Re: couple of my "other" builds   couple of my "other" builds EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 4:04 pm

milk bar cowboy wrote:
he heads down to the cold island.

roads are better

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Cam
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Cam

PostSubject: Re: couple of my "other" builds   couple of my "other" builds EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 2:41 pm

Cool bikes. Look like fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: couple of my "other" builds   couple of my "other" builds Empty

Back to top Go down

couple of my "other" builds
Page 1 of 1