Grease Monkeys NZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

G'day, My name is jon...too

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jon61
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
jon61

G'day, My name is jon...too Empty
PostSubject: G'day, My name is jon...too   G'day, My name is jon...too EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 10:50 pm

Hello, there are a few familiar names here... just putting my toe in the water...
Been riding motorcycles for 35 years, yep all sorts’ scooters, jumpthroughs, even a postie bike...
Most all the bikes I’ve had, bar two have been in need of a do up and that’s what I gave them...

Its kind a like therapy for me to be in the garage mucking about, Mrs recons she is a garage widow... been 25 years married so i'd think she would be used to it by now....

anyway, currently working on a Sportster, swapped out a sport bike as I needed to slow down a bit, save the licence and me a bit... progressed to a bobber very quickly taking heaps of bits off and now it’s going through a bit of nip and tuck as its been chopped and a hard tail going on...

G'day, My name is jon...too DSC00321

G'day, My name is jon...too DSC00314

So it’s going along all good, but I now realise there’s allot to doing such a project... its taking some time...

I’m getting withdrawals from not being able to go for rides, so will be breaking out my boys SR250... yay...

Anyway, that’s my bit for now...

Cheers
Cool
Back to top Go down
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

PostSubject: Re: G'day, My name is jon...too   G'day, My name is jon...too EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 11:01 pm

Good to see ya made it Jon, Can't wait to see that bike back on the road were it belongs.
Back to top Go down
http://ftw-nz.blogspot.co.nz/
Sara
Admin
Sara

PostSubject: Re: G'day, My name is jon...too   G'day, My name is jon...too EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 9:44 am

jon61 wrote:

I’m getting withdrawals from not being able to go for rides, so will be breaking out my boys SR250... yay...

Cool

The bike's looking good... Cool

Don't fight the feeling for the 250 - nothing wrong with a 250 (I love my little green 250) Laughing alien
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

PostSubject: Re: G'day, My name is jon...too   G'day, My name is jon...too EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 9:59 am

Hey Jon. It really looking good now. I love the rear guard and also that you didn't use a Sporty tank. Nice one. Now I'm hanging out to see what it looks like in colour. What are your plans for the paint?
Back to top Go down
http://www.greasemonkeys.co.nz
jon61
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
jon61

PostSubject: Re: G'day, My name is jon...too   G'day, My name is jon...too EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 6:30 pm

cheers jon, working on the oil tank and guard mounts today, put on sprockets and set chain alignment...

colour??? big question, but as you have suggested before colour! poss some lace.. but no pink or purple!!!

king
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

PostSubject: Re: G'day, My name is jon...too   G'day, My name is jon...too EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 6:55 pm

Sonny Barger had a purple Sportster. Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.greasemonkeys.co.nz
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: sporties   G'day, My name is jon...too EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:51 pm

Irishjon wrote:
Sonny Barger had a purple Sportster. Shocked

apparently in Sonny's latest book he said something about them being one of his favourite bikes, or something to that effect.
but i heard those dudes mainly ride Victorys now.
was talkin to one of them recently and when i asked him what he rode he said a Victory. he reckoned that Victory are taking more and more of harley's marketshare in the states.
Back to top Go down
http://bobbers-r-us.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: G'day, My name is jon...too   G'day, My name is jon...too Empty

Back to top Go down

G'day, My name is jon...too
Page 1 of 1