Grease Monkeys NZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Stench of Death.

Go down 
+9
CORO KEV
Cam
brett7777
Woody
andrewj
Slaytanica
Irishjon
mike
PAN/SHOVEL
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

The Stench of Death. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stench of Death.   The Stench of Death. - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 9:46 pm

I now have a rolling finished chassis with a nice matt black evo mtr in it,pressure tested tank and have to weld up some small pinholes and a couple of bits on the guards and then there of to paint and then all that is left is the gearbox and then its on the road.
Back to top Go down
Cam
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Cam

PostSubject: Re: The Stench of Death.   The Stench of Death. - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 6:39 pm

Went and checkout Dougs build today.
[img]The Stench of Death. - Page 5 Photo-10[/img][img]The Stench of Death. - Page 5 Photo-11[/img]
[img]The Stench of Death. - Page 5 Photo-12[/img]
Back to top Go down
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

PostSubject: Re: The Stench of Death.   The Stench of Death. - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 7:01 pm

Yea that looks good lol
Back to top Go down
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

PostSubject: Re: The Stench of Death.   The Stench of Death. - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 7:15 pm

Looking good Doug, I really like the colour scheme Just the right shades of BLACK Twisted Evil

Last edited by Woody on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://ftw-nz.blogspot.co.nz/
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

PostSubject: Re: The Stench of Death.   The Stench of Death. - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 7:36 pm

two shades of black woody,gloss and matt.Tank and guards are being painted pearl white,black pinstripe and teal blue and just waiting for a couple of bits for the gearbox and a few odds and sods to finish before labour weekend no pressure lol.
Back to top Go down
mike
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
mike

PostSubject: Re: The Stench of Death.   The Stench of Death. - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 7:54 pm

freken awsome doug Laughing
Back to top Go down
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

PostSubject: Re: The Stench of Death.   The Stench of Death. - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 7:03 pm

Will as with any new build there can be a few issues to work through,my main one was kickstarting it.I had tried one electronic ign and then went to the simplest setup a set of points but it would only start sometimes so wasn't to keen to ride it far,so got on the net to find out what was the best ign for a kickstart bike and opinion seemed to be the vulcan electronic ign which can be run as a dual fire or single fire so after waiting for three mths it finally turned up and I had also ordered there advance unit as well.So got around to installing it yesterday very simple to install and I'm running it in single fire mode so on the first kick I get nothing so swapped the plug leads around and we are all go,so after kicking it over and it starts first pop,so I kill it and kick again and it fire's right up so out for a ride and stop at a friends place and when I go to leave I'm a little scared it won't fire but first kick and she's away so thats the ign taken care off and the next thing to fix was the rear gas tank mount as being a dumb ass I should have rubber mounted it to start with and didn't so it broke sorted that and moved the gearbox forward to slacken the primary belt.The only thing left to fix is the speedo but that can wait until next weekend.
Back to top Go down
mike
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
mike

PostSubject: Re: The Stench of Death.   The Stench of Death. - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 9:32 pm

any pics of the finished product Question Question Question keen to see how the black and white looks
Back to top Go down
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

PostSubject: Re: The Stench of Death.   The Stench of Death. - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 8:34 am

Took these a while ago with me phone. Must get back there with my camera some time soon. Twisted Evil
The Stench of Death. - Page 5 2012-11-17174125_zps7b198633
The Stench of Death. - Page 5 2012-11-17174141_zpsd104928a
The Stench of Death. - Page 5 2012-11-17174207_zps5809f28c
Back to top Go down
http://ftw-nz.blogspot.co.nz/
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

PostSubject: Re: The Stench of Death.   The Stench of Death. - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 9:13 pm

Thanks for that Woody,still having minor teething problems.I think (touch wood) that I have the starting issues sorted only to find my rear tank mount has broken again,the next f**ker I make won't so to all you kids out there rubber or urethane bushes for tank mounts or they will break.
Back to top Go down
mike
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
mike

PostSubject: Re: The Stench of Death.   The Stench of Death. - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 10:31 pm

shit doug u build a frekin sweet lookin bike/bikes
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

PostSubject: Re: The Stench of Death.   The Stench of Death. - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 8:12 pm

Thanks mike,I took it for a good run up the coast today and it is running sweet,rear guard need's a brace to stop it vibing and tank is hanging in there and its starting one kick now,and might have to raise the gearing a bit I'm sure other small things will crop up but seem to be getting it sorted.Oh yea and just picked up a pre unit triumph that a man wants built into a show bike so its all good.
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

PostSubject: Re: The Stench of Death.   The Stench of Death. - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 1:19 pm

Awesome Doug. I took a look at some of my tank mounts and they look like accidents waiting to happen. Guess I'll rip them off and start again Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.greasemonkeys.co.nz
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

PostSubject: Re: The Stench of Death.   The Stench of Death. - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 9:52 pm

Will have been thrashing the crap out of for a couple of weeks now,have raised the gearing to stop some of the vibes and the rear guard has cracked and have braced it and the only other issue is to get another speedo sensor so the speedo works and the rear lefthand tailight is causing some grief so its of to a poker run this weekend and hope she can handle it lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Stench of Death.   The Stench of Death. - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Stench of Death.
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Grease Monkeys NZ :: The Build Files :: Project files-
Jump to: