Grease Monkeys NZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PanShovels, Shovel

Go down 
+8
andrewj
jon61
EEL
brett7777
PAN/SHOVEL
Irishjon
mike
Woody
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PanShovels, Shovel - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 3:48 pm

u can get the model a stop lites in brass too bounce
Back to top Go down
http://bobbers-r-us.weebly.com/
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 7:13 pm

Brass, its a prick of stuff to turn and knurl it is harder than alloy,but heavier so the pegs will be drillled down the middle for a bit of lightness I was only going to do a few bits in brass but it's taken on a life of its own,a friend of mine who owns an electroplaters offered to brass plate the pushrod tubes for me and man they look good,if my rocker's turn up from the states nxt week the mtr will be a runner next week and the painter has just ordered the gold metalflake so the tank,guard + headlight shell should be with him by the end of next week.
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 8:29 pm

was i thinkin of manganese bronze? is that the one that's soft?
Gold metalflake, wow, looking forward to seeing the finished result
Back to top Go down
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

PostSubject: IT LIVES.   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 5:26 pm

Just got a phone call from Doug, And he had his bike running in the background. AWESOME Dude Ill shoot round latter in the week with me camera. Wink cheers
Back to top Go down
http://ftw-nz.blogspot.co.nz/
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 5:31 pm

Bugger. I'm sitting in front of the computer drinking beer and thinking about getting mine running Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.greasemonkeys.co.nz
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 6:40 pm

yea worked like a bastard today,and thought Mmm maybe I can fire this thing up so filled with oil put it in top gear and pushed it up the drive to build up some oil pressure, did the timing,rigged up my dummy fuel tank and hit the button,battery was a bit flat but on the second push she fired up need to a bit of fine tuning but all good and I'm fucking knackered but happy.
Back to top Go down
mike
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
mike

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 7:02 pm

sweet first start up is always exciting
are ya tins still at the paint shop Question
Back to top Go down
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 8:14 pm

Guard and headlight shell is at painter's now need to get the tank down there,painter has ordered flake which house of colour has said will be like spraying sawdust lol.
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 8:21 pm

really lookin forward to seeing the finished result
Hey Mike I reckon you should use the same seat shock setup on yours, would go well with Cam's tank
Back to top Go down
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Will fixed a couple of little leaks and modified the pushrod tubes and fitted the s+s rocker boxes,need to make fittings for the brass rocker boxe nuts to fit the new rocker boxes some brass foot pegs to make and having just brought a mill this job should be easier and a few odds and sods to tidy up and hopefully the paint should be back soon. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 8:04 am

PAN/SHOVEL wrote:
Will fixed a couple of little leaks and modified the pushrod tubes and fitted the s+s rocker boxes,need to make fittings for the brass rocker boxe nuts to fit the new rocker boxes some brass foot pegs to make and having just brought a mill this job should be easier and a few odds and sods to tidy up and hopefully the paint should be back soon. Very Happy

Yup, roger that, ten four rubber ducky.
I think I remembered what they did with the old copper oil lines - didn't they put a loop in them? that gave the flex needed. I see why you would put the rubber tubing as well though, wise decision I'm sure.
All that brass is gonna look the part. I still reckon you should get one of those brass model A taillights.
Back to top Go down
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 8:18 pm

WOW Exclamation Doug just sent me these pic's of his tin,s NIIIIIIIIIICE MAN.
PanShovels, Shovel - Page 2 P9025527

PanShovels, Shovel - Page 2 P9025526

PanShovels, Shovel - Page 2 P9025529

PanShovels, Shovel - Page 2 Picture_003
And as per I put them in the wrong order. Laughing
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 8:25 pm

Wow, lotta sparkle goin on there, might win the show dude
i almost thought the flourescents reflecting in it were pin striping for a brief second - man those are shiny - get out your sunnies
is the silver one of the earlier coats?
Back to top Go down
mike
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
mike

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 9:07 pm

o yeah i see wat you mean a bout the saw dust Very Happy
thats gonna look awsome against the black frame shit wen are they goin on the bike Question Question
Back to top Go down
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 9:31 pm

Silver base is put on before the gold candy is put on plus chris has put 6 coats of clear on it so far,I am having a discussion at the moment about putting a blk stripe down the middle with silver pinstripe's but chris doesn't think it will look good and e-mailed some photoshopped pic's with scallops YUCK to hotrod for me and the boy's at work didn't like the scallop idea and think a stripe down the middle would be fine,fuck I need it by this wednesday.
Back to top Go down
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 9:35 pm

Oh yeah brett it won't win the show as I am a judge,wouldn't look right now would it.
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 9:39 pm

yeah i reckon the black/silver stripe would be good, betta get it on there before he does anymore clears, did he do a mockup of it with the stripe?
Back to top Go down
jon61
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
jon61

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 11:18 pm

SHOOT.. that is so kool..

nice job, can't wait to see them fitted up with all the other stuff going on, she's going to be a winner..

Cool
Back to top Go down
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 7:44 am

Jon if you get to ride around the mountain next weekend,you should be going through hawera(if jake let's you stop)so you could pop into the axethrowers show at the a+p showgrounds its on the main road heading back to new plymouth might even be able to get you in for free lol.
Back to top Go down
andrewj
Mechanic
Mechanic
andrewj

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 12:04 pm

PAN/SHOVEL wrote:
Silver base is put on before the gold candy is put on plus chris has put 6 coats of clear on it so far,I am having a discussion at the moment about putting a blk stripe down the middle with silver pinstripe's but chris doesn't think it will look good and e-mailed some photoshopped pic's with scallops YUCK to hotrod for me and the boy's at work didn't like the scallop idea and think a stripe down the middle would be fine,fuck I need it by this wednesday.

go for the black stripe doug. it looks sweet on gold candy. this is one we did for my mates yamaha. gonna put a cream stripe bordering the black to.
PanShovels, Shovel - Page 2 03072010079-1
Back to top Go down
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 2:29 pm

Yea went down there this morning to finalize the stripes,they will be black with a silver pinstripe around the blackI hope it will look good,this wed should have some more pic's
Back to top Go down
andrewj
Mechanic
Mechanic
andrewj

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 2:51 pm

cool sounds good. that black will definitly do it justice. flake is rad but i think it always needs some sort of breaker to turn it down a wee bit.
Back to top Go down
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 9:24 pm

Fark I'm knackered a very hard weekend,but a good show I put the shovel on show right inside the door as you walked in so plenty of people saw it,couldn't wait until sunday afternoon to get it out of there and go for a ride went for a quick squirt up the coast stopped to check everthing was alright,speedo wasn't working and tailight had an earthing problem and the carb will need an extra brace went and loaded it into trailer and back to joe's fora hangi and then hit the road at about 8 o'clock sunday(hate that monday traffic) got up today and sorted tailight and carb will also need to make a catch bottle for the breather as it leaves a fine mist over my belt primary then rang woody but no reply and left message then down to the gas station filled up and headed over the hill for a beer at the gladstone so far I am impressed with how it handles but can still scrape the sidestand but she feel's strong so not much fettling to do will get some pics up soon.
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 9:56 pm

sounz good
lookin 4ward to the pix
Back to top Go down
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 5:17 pm

http://www.nz-hotrod.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=5925 Sorry best I could do I'm still at work
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

PanShovels, Shovel
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next