Grease Monkeys NZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PanShovels, Shovel

Go down 
+8
andrewj
jon61
EEL
brett7777
PAN/SHOVEL
Irishjon
mike
Woody
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

PanShovels, Shovel - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 6:32 pm

not sure brought it of the net from twisted choppers
Back to top Go down
Brocanass(HKR)
Mechanic
Mechanic
Brocanass(HKR)

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 9:33 am

Very nice ride dude. dig the gold fake man Cool whats it called when you go though the wall Laughing penetration
Back to top Go down
http://www.hkr.co.nz
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Photo shoot next week for aussie mag heavy duty,hey these things don't happen without the help of a few people so I should thank them for there services,first off to burt king from powder surface's for all that satin black powdercoating,harley speed and custom for the cylinder boring and supplying the pistons and other bits and pieces,chris at kerry lindsay's for the cylinder head work and chris brattle at d-zine signs for the awesome flake and forbes and davies for the killer deal on the metzeler tyres and of course my other half lorraine who puts up with me spending way to much time in the garage.
Back to top Go down
mike
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
mike

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 10:38 pm

awsome doug will be one ov the best bikes they've had in ther mag Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 11:05 pm

hey i didnt see my name in the thankyou list Doug, what's goin on
Back to top Go down
http://bobbers-r-us.weebly.com/
jon61
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
jon61

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 7:51 am

congrats Doug, look fwd to seeing it in print..

the write up will be good..

Cool
Back to top Go down
The_Lone_Rider
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
The_Lone_Rider

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:39 am

How did you do the Fuck U on the lens?
Back to top Go down
http://th13teenmagazine.webs.com
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 3:57 pm

this is one of the suppliers in the US
http://www.lickscycles.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=109&products_id=1322
i think drakulina might be an agent for Licks?
Back to top Go down
EEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
EEL

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 5:38 pm

PAN/SHOVEL wrote:
Photo shoot next week for aussie mag heavy duty,hey these things don't happen without the help of a few people so I should thank them for there services,first off to burt king from powder surface's for all that satin black powdercoating,harley speed and custom for the cylinder boring and supplying the pistons and other bits and pieces,chris at kerry lindsay's for the cylinder head work and chris brattle at d-zine signs for the awesome flake and forbes and davies for the killer deal on the metzeler tyres and of course my other half lorraine who puts up with me spending way to much time in the garage.

That is very cool Doug.
Back to top Go down
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 8:31 pm

Ah fuck just when you think you have it sorted you get thrown a curve ball,coming over the haywards hill about 12.30 hear a tink tink noise oh what the fuck is that then it stops Hmm better pull over and check it out BANG fuse blows Hmm have a look around fit new fuse all looks all good,hold on where the fuck is my tailight, plate rego etc new fuse in an trickle back down the road to try and find it.Fuck 3 time's up and down the road and no luck must have launched itself of the side of the road, ok fuck this better head home and sort something out,so ripped me vintage alloy plus 10 lucas 564 tailight of me triumph and proceeded to make a bracket for it finished that at 5.30 and then of to the pub cause I needed a drink (drinks Laughing) after that,oh yea did I mention I am riding said bike to burt munro on wednesday ah fuck I wanted an easy weekend ,but shit happens
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 9:40 pm

PAN/SHOVEL wrote:
Ah fuck just when you think you have it sorted you get thrown a curve ball,coming over the haywards hill about 12.30 hear a tink tink noise oh what the fuck is that then it stops Hmm better pull over and check it out BANG fuse blows Hmm have a look around fit new fuse all looks all good,hold on where the fuck is my tailight, plate rego etc new fuse in an trickle back down the road to try and find it.Fuck 3 time's up and down the road and no luck must have launched itself of the side of the road, ok fuck this better head home and sort something out,so ripped me vintage alloy plus 10 lucas 564 tailight of me triumph and proceeded to make a bracket for it finished that at 5.30 and then of to the pub cause I needed a drink (drinks Laughing) after that,oh yea did I mention I am riding said bike to burt munro on wednesday ah fuck I wanted an easy weekend ,but shit happens

how did it detach?
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 9:52 pm

now u have an excuse to get a brass model a
someone wandering into the bush to have a piss one day will see the eff u letters looking at them, that'll be a find, prob see it on trademe one day, all aged & weathered looking; maybe there's a possum playing with it right now, or a wallaby took it back to his nest
Back to top Go down
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 10:42 pm

Everthing came off so the new version is BEEFED up so hopefully no probs just have to get new plate,rego,wof etc
Back to top Go down
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 4:34 am

Its rejecting the Sporty parts. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://ftw-nz.blogspot.co.nz/
EEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
EEL

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 9:24 am

Woody wrote:
Its rejecting the Sporty parts. Laughing

Do you ever sleep Woody?

Doug - glad you've been able to sort it before the Burt Munro and not during.... have a good trip down there. cheers
Back to top Go down
mike
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
mike

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 6:09 pm

hey doug how did the photo shoot go????
Back to top Go down
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 8:56 pm

Alright,not sure when it will be featured but I gather it will be next year sometime,just geared it up by going to a 34 t front pulley and it dropped the revs and vibes in the 65-75 mph range so its all good,mind you I thought it was going to be a 2-3 hour job until I found the bearing had rusted to the mainshaft so some creative pullers were made and plenty of anti-seize on there now and I will see if I can find the other set of switches this week.
Back to top Go down
mike
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
mike

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 9:24 pm

ok be sure to keep us posted so i can grab a copy Laughing
Back to top Go down
The_Lone_Rider
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
The_Lone_Rider

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 11:06 pm

If it's a full article and featured, their turn around time is roughly 4 months from when they take the photos, to when it features.
Back to top Go down
http://th13teenmagazine.webs.com
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 9:55 pm

Ok I have basically been torture testing my shovel with some big rides, so far I have had the headlight shell crack,had to raise the gearing as it was revving a bit hard,and sussing out the oil level in the tank as it was puking a bit out the breather also mucked around with the jetting as it was using a bit of fuel,made new tank mounts out of urethane,shifted the guard to follow the tyre as the bigger fr pulley moved the wheel forward,and found the rear chain adjusters are not equal so have to string the wheels, speedo needed a better earth and just got back from taupo and found one of my front tank mounts is leaking so have had to chip some of the paint away to find where its leaking Sad so just need to purge the tank of all the fumes and weld it up might fuck a bit of the paint but so be it as the thing is a blast to ride and haven't had so much fun on a bike for years as it's always in the back of your mind that something could go wrong when I ride this bike reminds me of my old bsa's and trumpies Ah the good old days.
Back to top Go down
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 10:06 pm

I'll be listening for the BOOM. bom bom bom bom bom
I'd talk uncle Flip into welding that sucker up if I was you mate. Laughing
Back to top Go down
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 9:04 pm

Will woody I welded it up,I degreased it flushed with water ,degreased again and hot soapy water and then flushed again then put the adaptor I made into the tank and into the exaust of my xr for ten minutes then rang colin from kiwi race cars to see if what I had done was good enough he said it should be fine and as he was only around the corner at the mad butcher's he would hear it go bang from there,thankfully this didn't happen so chucked it back on and went for a ride all sweet,and PC rang up for some additional info on the bike as heavy duty mag now has the pics of it so it should appear sometime this year.
Back to top Go down
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 9:11 pm

Good one Doug, I bet you were shitting yourself though aye Question
Back to top Go down
mike
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
mike

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 9:17 pm

sounds good doug howd the paint fair up????
Back to top Go down
PAN/SHOVEL
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
PAN/SHOVEL

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 9:04 pm

Well the "CRITTER" made it into print, this mths heavy duty mag,haven't seen the mag yet but PC who wrote it informs me its in there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PanShovels, Shovel   PanShovels, Shovel - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

PanShovels, Shovel
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next