Grease Monkeys NZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LOL the joys of selling parts ! thought this was funny

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

LOL the joys of selling parts ! thought this was funny Empty
PostSubject: LOL the joys of selling parts ! thought this was funny   LOL the joys of selling parts ! thought this was funny EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 2:58 pm

I quite enjoyed this so I thought I'd share
LOL the joys of selling parts ! thought this was funny Lucas_10
Hi Brett
Received the light today, unfortunately it isn't of a quality that will stand up to normal outdoor use as it's made of the lightest weight metal - similar to a baked bean tin only weaker, has no method of keeping water out of the light fitting and will obviously corrode and be useless very quickly. As well as all that the lens assembly would likely vibrate it's way loose from it's flimsy mounting and fall off. Have you had a good look at these things? Sorry but It is total crap, there's no other way to describe it
To be honest even if the price was $20 it still wouldn't be any use on a vehicle, I'm not being nasty, I know. I have worked in electrical automotive parts supply and in motorcycle parts. It looks real in a photo but it isn't.
Anyway no worries, can you please supply me with a return address and refund the money to this bank account XX XXXX XXXXXXX XX
I'll send it back by parcel post and email a tracking number once i get the address

I especially like the baked beans can part, & the 'looks real but it isn't' Laughing must be a hologram rendeer
It was a bit of a literary masterpiece anyway
I personally think the quality of the light is pretty good, they are standard issue for this kind of pattern/reproduction light. Anyway, can someone make him a 1950's British light that is titanium & fully sealed from storms please? and it needs to be around 80 bucks.
I told him I'll give his money back when I get it back (so I can check if he munted it)

lol!

Last edited by brett7777 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:04 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://bobbers-r-us.weebly.com/
jon61
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
jon61

PostSubject: Re: LOL the joys of selling parts ! thought this was funny   LOL the joys of selling parts ! thought this was funny EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 3:01 pm

and by the sounds, 80 Kilos too Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Cool
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: LOL the joys of selling parts ! thought this was funny   LOL the joys of selling parts ! thought this was funny EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 3:05 pm

jon61 wrote:
and by the sounds, 80 Kilos too Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Cool

yeah!
u on your phone again?
Back to top Go down
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

PostSubject: Re: LOL the joys of selling parts ! thought this was funny   LOL the joys of selling parts ! thought this was funny EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 3:23 pm

brett7777 wrote:
I quite enjoyed this so I thought I'd share
LOL the joys of selling parts ! thought this was funny Lucas_10
Hi Brett
Received the light today, unfortunately it isn't of a quality that will stand up to normal outdoor use as it's made of the lightest weight metal - similar to a baked bean tin only weaker, has no method of keeping water out of the light fitting and will obviously corrode and be useless very quickly. As well as all that the lens assembly would likely vibrate it's way loose from it's flimsy mounting and fall off. Have you had a good look at these things? Sorry but It is total crap, there's no other way to describe it
To be honest even if the price was $20 it still wouldn't be any use on a vehicle, I'm not being nasty, I know. I have worked in electrical automotive parts supply and in motorcycle parts. It looks real in a photo but it isn't.
Anyway no worries, can you please supply me with a return address and refund the money to this bank account XX XXXX XXXXXXX XX
I'll send it back by parcel post and email a tracking number once i get the address

LOL the joys of selling parts ! thought this was funny Baked_11
I like the baked bean can heaps better looking than that he-nus tail light. Twisted Evil
And there water proof too mate. Laughing

I especially like the baked beans can part, & the 'looks real but it isn't' Laughing must be a hologram rendeer
It was a bit of a literary masterpiece anyway
I personally think the quality of the light is pretty good, they are standard issue for this kind of pattern/reproduction light. Anyway, can someone make him a 1950's British light that is titanium & fully sealed from storms please? and it needs to be around 80 bucks.
I told him I'll give his money back when I get it back (so I can check if he munted it)

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://ftw-nz.blogspot.co.nz/
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: LOL the joys of selling parts ! thought this was funny   LOL the joys of selling parts ! thought this was funny EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 6:10 pm

not waterproof now
LOL the joys of selling parts ! thought this was funny Baked_13
Back to top Go down
flea2008
Mechanic
Mechanic
flea2008

PostSubject: Re: LOL the joys of selling parts ! thought this was funny   LOL the joys of selling parts ! thought this was funny EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 6:20 pm

to tell you the truth Brett,I bought a seat of you and it's to small for my arse,and i do believe it's shrinking because every few weeks my arse hangs over it a bit more.God damn it Brett why didn't you ask for my arse measurement and how could you do this to me. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

PostSubject: Re: LOL the joys of selling parts ! thought this was funny   LOL the joys of selling parts ! thought this was funny EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 6:35 pm

brett7777 wrote:
not waterproof now

Hey at least there edible try doing that with ya taillight mate. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://ftw-nz.blogspot.co.nz/
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: LOL the joys of selling parts ! thought this was funny   LOL the joys of selling parts ! thought this was funny EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 11:05 pm

flea2008 wrote:
to tell you the truth Brett,I bought a seat of you and it's to small for my arse,and i do believe it's shrinking because every few weeks my arse hangs over it a bit more.God damn it Brett why didn't you ask for my arse measurement and how could you do this to me. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

hehe
im REALLY SORRY about that, please send your arse for a refund, I will refund your arse
& lay off the chocolate bars Laughing
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: LOL the joys of selling parts ! thought this was funny   LOL the joys of selling parts ! thought this was funny EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 11:06 pm

Woody wrote:
brett7777 wrote:
not waterproof now

Hey at least there edible try doing that with ya taillight mate. Laughing

yes that's what we need, an edible tailllight, a taillight made of chocolate
but then Flea will eat them & his seat will get even smaller pig
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LOL the joys of selling parts ! thought this was funny   LOL the joys of selling parts ! thought this was funny Empty

Back to top Go down

LOL the joys of selling parts ! thought this was funny
Page 1 of 1