Grease Monkeys NZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Project Grease Monkey

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

Project Grease Monkey Empty
PostSubject: Project Grease Monkey   Project Grease Monkey EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 7:58 pm

Project Grease Monkey IMG_3670
So this is the donor bike for the Grease Monkey build a show bike project. What we want to do is get a group of people together to design and build a (cheap) show bike. It's going to be a real group project where everyone gets a say in how it turns out. We want you to design and build as many of the parts as possible. No catalogue parts other than what we have lying around in the SLC workshop.
First design meeting is in Helensville on Sunday 12 April so dig out the crayons or trawl the internet for inspiration. Post your ideas on here and let's try and build something really cool..

Last edited by Irishjon on Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.greasemonkeys.co.nz
Cam
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Cam

PostSubject: Re: Project Grease Monkey   Project Grease Monkey EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 9:23 pm

Let me know if you want a tank made or modified.Bit tricky to design from Wellington but sure we could work something out. scratch
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

PostSubject: Re: Project Grease Monkey   Project Grease Monkey EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:39 am

Cool. Thanks Cam. Been a while since we've seen what you're building. How's life?
Back to top Go down
Cam
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Cam

PostSubject: Re: Project Grease Monkey   Project Grease Monkey EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:53 am

Hi Jon

Life's good.Plenty of riding not a lot of building.
Waiting for weather to crap out then I can hang out in front of fire in garage.Till then more riding.
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

PostSubject: Re: Project Grease Monkey   Project Grease Monkey EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 1:30 pm

I hear that. I'm going to put a wood burner in my garage before winter starts. Might try and get at least one project finished this year Laughing
Back to top Go down
Coops
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Coops

PostSubject: Re: Project Grease Monkey   Project Grease Monkey EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 9:14 am

Not too much of a design discussion took place at the latest monthly meeting yesterday, the positive is you still have time to add your ideas.

With poop weather approaching, rather than spending a rainy Sunday with screaming cabin fever suffering kids and loved ones, why not drive (or ride) out to Helensville next month, enjoy a hot coffee and great company and lets jump start the Grease Monkeys Club project bike build.
With our own projects in our sheds at home, it will be a refreshing break to have a look at the GM bike, you may even get some ideas for your own build.

If otherwise corrected, I believe the next monthly meeting will be Sunday the 10th May .. for all those available.. see you there.

Coops
Back to top Go down
artyone

PostSubject: Re: Project Grease Monkey   Project Grease Monkey EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 9:39 am

I know this thread is old by now but my two cents is I'd rather do the 450 Honda in the background simply because the Harley's have been around so long as things worth customising theres a big hostory of what has been done possibly affecting what could be done whereas the four fifty sits there wanting to almost stay representative of what it always was and therein is always a good opportunity to go completely somewhere else with it.

And those partially pressed up Honda frames are such ugly things when they are bare they almost scream to be chopped and channelled and lengthened etc in some way that makes that ugliness beautiful... just my tow cents worth!

Regards, Sean.
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

PostSubject: Re: Project Grease Monkey   Project Grease Monkey EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 3:30 pm

Unfortunately the Honda is long gone and it didn't belong to me. No one seemed very interested I actually building a club bike in the end so I think I'll just do something with it myself. Still happy to donate some space if y'all want to provide another project.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project Grease Monkey   Project Grease Monkey Empty

Back to top Go down

Project Grease Monkey
Page 1 of 1