Grease Monkeys NZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grease Monkeys NZ

A Site for Garage Built Custom Motorcycles with that Vintage Vibe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Paul's sporty bob

Go down 
+7
mike
PAN/SHOVEL
brett7777
Woody
jon61
kershaw
Paulomatic
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

Paul's sporty bob - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul's sporty bob   Paul's sporty bob - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 7:44 pm

Looking good Paul, Primo fit on that rear fender dude. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://ftw-nz.blogspot.co.nz/
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: Paul's sporty bob   Paul's sporty bob - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 8:17 pm

Woody wrote:
Looking good Paul, Primo fit on that rear fender dude. Twisted Evil
yeah +1 on that
i think those pipes might be cop attractors as they are tho
what are your long term plans for the pipes?
Back to top Go down
http://bobbers-r-us.weebly.com/
Paulomatic
Apprentice
Apprentice
Paulomatic

PostSubject: Re: Paul's sporty bob   Paul's sporty bob - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 9:29 pm

Yeah Brett they're really loud, I've got some 8 inch baffles coming for them to hopefully get them to a more cop friendly noise level. I want to get some chromed upswept pipes for it eventually, maybe with cocktail shakers. Paughco seem to be the only guys that do the upswept pipes for some reason, and they aint that cheap! I intend to thrash the bike for the summer then strip it down next winter to properly paint the frame and any other little jobs that will no doubt crop up.
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: Paul's sporty bob   Paul's sporty bob - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 9:33 pm

im pretty sure some1 else must do the upswept bikes, i like that idea, or why not use garden variety sporty drag pipes & use those cocktail shakers that up sweep (they have a mounting point that is angled up so they go upwards from a horizontal pipe) ?
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: Paul's sporty bob   Paul's sporty bob - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 9:35 pm

like these
Paul's sporty bob - Page 3 Cockta10
Back to top Go down
Paulomatic
Apprentice
Apprentice
Paulomatic

PostSubject: Re: Paul's sporty bob   Paul's sporty bob - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 9:48 pm

Yeah I've seen those, the only ones I've seen come with a left and right side muffler like on a Triumph, so I'd need 2 sets to get 2 right side mufflers.
I might just make some. It seems everything I get I have to change anyway, I always think "bugger it I'll just get the right part, it'll save time" then when it turns up I spend all night in the shed chopping the right part up so it will fit.
Back to top Go down
brett7777
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
brett7777

PostSubject: Re: Paul's sporty bob   Paul's sporty bob - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 9:06 pm

yeah i see what u mean. i think the guy i buy them off sells them singly, I would have to check with him.
Back to top Go down
Paulomatic
Apprentice
Apprentice
Paulomatic

PostSubject: Re: Paul's sporty bob   Paul's sporty bob - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 9:08 pm

Well I've finally been able to put a few miles on the clock. I rode the bike to work on Friday, got about 10 of the 16 km to work and broke the earth lead off the frame, so I rode the rest of the way with one hand on the ape and the other holding the battery lead onto the primary cover so the motor would run! I got to work and built another lead, figuring that the soldered joint didn't have enough flex in it so I crimped this one. Sorted.
Then when I was riding home, I got 10 of the 16 km.....same thing. Another lead fitted. I turned out that at quite a high RPM the battery box got a massive wobble on from the smooth and seamless 1200 sporty engine and the battery leads were just a blur! I made a sweet little brace for the top of the box, it's mint now.

I'm hoping for everything to break or fall off this week, next Friday I plan to do a 1054km round trip from Tauranga to the open day in Welly, via Palmy. I think I might pack a fairly extensive tool kit...
Back to top Go down
mike
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
mike

PostSubject: Re: Paul's sporty bob   Paul's sporty bob - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 9:18 pm

awsome so we get to see it up close
im sure between all ov us over this way we can horie up wat ever falls off and cable tie it back on Laughing
1000k that will be a decent test for it
Back to top Go down
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

PostSubject: Re: Paul's sporty bob   Paul's sporty bob - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 9:27 pm

Yep that's going to be a good test for man and machine.
Don't forget the Loctite.
Your in for one hell of a show anyway Paul. (Ive got your V.I.P. pass waiting Wink )
Back to top Go down
Paulomatic
Apprentice
Apprentice
Paulomatic

PostSubject: Re: Paul's sporty bob   Paul's sporty bob - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 9:45 pm

It sure will be a good test! I've loctited the shit out of everything I can see, there's still a few little tidy up jobs left to do, tail light etc. I farted around with the seat today, it's about perfect now, it doesn't feel like I'm going to slide off the back going up hills now.
I scored a little 1 litre camping fuel can off trademe the other day to hold some spare gas for 25 squid so my 2 and a quarter gallon tank won't look so puny on the desert road.
Back to top Go down
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

PostSubject: Re: Paul's sporty bob   Paul's sporty bob - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 9:58 pm

Paulomatic wrote:
It sure will be a good test! I've loctited the shit out of everything I can see, there's still a few little tidy up jobs left to do, tail light etc. I farted around with the seat today, it's about perfect now, it doesn't feel like I'm going to slide off the back going up hills now.
I scored a little 1 litre camping fuel can off trademe the other day to hold some spare gas for 25 squid so my 2 and a quarter gallon tank won't look so puny on the desert road.

Good idea with the extra gas deal Paul, Its a long way between gas stops on that stretch the air gets real thin up there too, So you'll want that carb set up just right.
I remember ridding through there about a hundred years ago on me old rigid It let out the biggest backfire from the thin air, I just about shat meself. Laughing
Back to top Go down
57 rider
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Paul's sporty bob   Paul's sporty bob - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 11:27 pm

Someone want to pick me up on the way thru??
Back to top Go down
Paulomatic
Apprentice
Apprentice
Paulomatic

PostSubject: Re: Paul's sporty bob   Paul's sporty bob - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 9:57 am

Sounds good, I'll be stopping at Slaytanicas in Palmy for the night on Friday, then rolling down on Sat morning so we can convoy down.
Woody I might need to have a play around with the carb, since I opened up the pipes she's a bit poppy now and then.

I'm really looking forward to this ride, in a sort of nervous I hope it doesn't shit itself kind of way.
Back to top Go down
Paulomatic
Apprentice
Apprentice
Paulomatic

PostSubject: Re: Paul's sporty bob   Paul's sporty bob - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 7:48 pm

A few more pics showing exhaust, speedo etc.

Paul's sporty bob - Page 3 DSC04935
Paul's sporty bob - Page 3 DSC04937
Paul's sporty bob - Page 3 DSC04939
Paul's sporty bob - Page 3 DSC04940
Back to top Go down
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

PostSubject: Re: Paul's sporty bob   Paul's sporty bob - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 8:43 pm

Hell yeah, Its got it all going on now Paul. Can't wait to see it in person this coming weekend.
Hey and remember the open day is on the Sunday not the Saturday. Still if ya want to come down a day early that's cool with me. You and Shaun can stay at my place anytime you want. Wink
Back to top Go down
mike
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
mike

PostSubject: Re: Paul's sporty bob   Paul's sporty bob - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 8:57 pm

sweet i reckon it looks super clean and i like the short pipes Cool
Back to top Go down
mike
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
mike

PostSubject: Re: Paul's sporty bob   Paul's sporty bob - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 8:41 pm

hey mate anything fall off on ya way home??
bike looked super clean at the show by the way Cool
Back to top Go down
Paulomatic
Apprentice
Apprentice
Paulomatic

PostSubject: Re: Paul's sporty bob   Paul's sporty bob - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 8:40 pm

Cheers Mike, na nothing fell off, my mirror came loose on the desert road and I took it off, so I'm pretty happy with how the bike went. It was a sweet ride, I did about 1300km on that weekend so it was a good test for the old girl. I didn't get a speck of rain the whole time so it really couldn't have been a better weekend, awesome ride, awesome show, I'll be there next year.
Back to top Go down
mike
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
mike

PostSubject: Re: Paul's sporty bob   Paul's sporty bob - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 9:24 pm

good to hear well if your eva back this way look me up farao
Back to top Go down
Paulomatic
Apprentice
Apprentice
Paulomatic

PostSubject: Re: Paul's sporty bob   Paul's sporty bob - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 5:05 pm

It's been awhile since I've updated my pics on here, but here we go. My new paughco upsweep pipes arrived the other day so I spent a couple of hours today fitting them up, made a wicked difference I reckon. I've also blacked and dropped the tank down again, banged on a set of fork gaiters and put a couple of thousand miles on the clock since the last update.
Next on the to-do list will be a cert I guess...
Paul's sporty bob - Page 3 DSCF4718
Paul's sporty bob - Page 3 DSCF4719
Paul's sporty bob - Page 3 DSCF4720
Back to top Go down
Woody
Serial Bike Abuser
Serial Bike Abuser
Woody

PostSubject: Re: Paul's sporty bob   Paul's sporty bob - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 5:12 pm

Looking good Paul the new pipes look sweet man.
Back to top Go down
Irishjon
Admin
Irishjon

PostSubject: Re: Paul's sporty bob   Paul's sporty bob - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 7:18 pm

Looking good Paul.
Back to top Go down
http://www.greasemonkeys.co.nz
Harley.Mcphee

PostSubject: Re: Paul's sporty bob   Paul's sporty bob - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 6:45 pm

Thats beautiful bud, really like the low bars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paul's sporty bob   Paul's sporty bob - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Paul's sporty bob
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3